Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,571 Members 51,451 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Htc advantage

Tip us?
 
lucky_strike33
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 58
Posts: 356
Join Date: May 2013
Default Htc advantage

I just cracked my screen and was wondering if anyone has gone through HTC advantage?

You Can get the screen repaired or get a replacement refurbished phone. What is the best option? I have never got a screen replaced. My phone has no problems at all and getting a refurbished just worries me that it won't be the same.

My All New One
 
andybones
Old
#2  
andybones's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 8911
Posts: 9,262
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Upstate NY

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky_strike33 View Post
I just cracked my screen and was wondering if anyone has gone through HTC advantage?

You Can get the screen repaired or get a replacement refurbished phone. What is the best option? I have never got a screen replaced. My phone has no problems at all and getting a refurbished just worries me that it won't be the same.

My All New One
to me this would depend..
they repaid screen only, so if your body took damage during the drop I'd get a replacement, if just the screen broke and rest of phone is mint id have them repair screen.
Team Ecliptic - Member/Co-Lead Developer

Motorola Droid > HTC Eris > HTC Incredible > HTC Incredible 2 > Galaxy Nexus > HTC Rezound > HTC Incredible 4G > Samsung Galaxy S3 > Samsung Galaxy S4 > HTC One M7 > HTC One M8

Buy me a beer.
 
lucky_strike33
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 58
Posts: 356
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by andybones View Post
to me this would depend..
they repaid screen only, so if your body took damage during the drop I'd get a replacement, if just the screen broke and rest of phone is mint id have them repair screen.
Yes no body damage at all. Replacing the screen is not going to make a difference? It would be the same as when I first got the phone?

My All New One
 
85gallon
Old
#4  
85gallon's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 678
Posts: 2,273
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: BFE
Depends on how long you can do without your phone.

To get the screen replaced you have to send it in, let them repair it, then wait for it to be sent back. Or you give them $29 (I think) and they will overnight you a replacement phone.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
 
lucky_strike33
Old
#5  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 58
Posts: 356
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85gallon View Post
Depends on how long you can do without your phone.

To get the screen replaced you have to send it in, let them repair it, then wait for it to be sent back. Or you give them $29 (I think) and they will overnight you a replacement phone.
They send out refurbished phones. My phone is perfect under the hood. Besides I still have my droid DNA to use. I can wait a week or 2.

My All New One
 
andybones
Old
#6  
andybones's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 8911
Posts: 9,262
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Upstate NY

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky_strike33 View Post
They send out refurbished phones. My phone is perfect under the hood. Besides I still have my droid DNA to use. I can wait a week or 2.

My All New One
I personally would send for repair then. It's been ing done by HTC so I'd imagine it willbe as good as new, esp since they should be expecting to do the repairs since releasing gthe advantage plan. Best of luck and let us know how it works out whichever way you choose.
Team Ecliptic - Member/Co-Lead Developer

Motorola Droid > HTC Eris > HTC Incredible > HTC Incredible 2 > Galaxy Nexus > HTC Rezound > HTC Incredible 4G > Samsung Galaxy S3 > Samsung Galaxy S4 > HTC One M7 > HTC One M8

Buy me a beer.
 
avengedfo7ld
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 21
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by andybones View Post
I personally would send for repair then. It's been ing done by HTC so I'd imagine it willbe as good as new, esp since they should be expecting to do the repairs since releasing gthe advantage plan. Best of luck and let us know how it works out whichever way you choose.
I just got my phone back from HTC for the screen replacement. I dropped the phone walking into Verizon to get a sim card the day I got the phone. Thankfully, HTC had the advantage program. I didn't even have to provide proof of purchase. I made a phone call, sent out my phone once I received the shipping label, nd a week later, I had my phone back ( I chose to repair my phone instead of getting the expedited replacement because they were out of gunmetal at the time). My phone had a small scratch and a little bit of damage on the bottom where it had hit the pavement, when the phone came back, it was like new again. The only downside to the whole process is the shipping speed HTC uses. 3 day UPS shipping to return, but hey it's free. Thanks HTC.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to avengedfo7ld For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Napoleones
Old
#8  
Napoleones's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 139
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky_strike33 View Post
I just cracked my screen and was wondering if anyone has gone through HTC advantage?

You Can get the screen repaired or get a replacement refurbished phone. What is the best option? I have never got a screen replaced. My phone has no problems at all and getting a refurbished just worries me that it won't be the same.

My All New One
They will just replace the screen itself. They have the one-time screen replacement, and they will not give you the refurbished one. They will send back to you the same phone you got. Before sending it back to them to replace the screen, better back up and restore everything first.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


How to Factory Reset your Samsung Gear Live Android Wear SmartWatch – XDA Developer TV

Do you want to Factory Reset your Samsung Gear … more

Get Your Special xda:devcon ’14 Hotel And Conference Rate While It Lasts

By now you’ve definitely heard about XDA’s … more

Google Chromecast Rootable Once Again!

Over the six months, theGoogle Chromecasthas gained a considerable amount of official functionality. … more

YAATA isn’t Just Another Android Texting App

Although our mobile devices today are capable of executingnearly every task we normally … more