Guidelines and Prerequisites:
1. The Update Guide is only for Verizon Galaxy S4 I545, Therefore do not try to flash these files on another variant of Samsung Galaxy S4.
2. During the latest firmware installation, you may loose all your data, therefore it is recommended to Backup your phone data now.
3. Enable USB Debugging on your Verizon Galaxy S4 by going to Settings->Developers Options and Check USB Debugging.
4. Also make sure youíve already installed Samsung USB Drivers on your PC. If you have already installed Samsung Kies then that is ok, otherwise download the drivers from the link given below in the download section.
5. This one is also important point, You should have atleast 80% Battery charged on your Galaxy S4 I545 in order to avoid uncertain shutdown during the update installation via Odin.
6. Proceed at your own risk. We shall not be responsible if during the update something goes wrong with your device. Note this is the official firmware update and has already been tested on a number of Verizon GS4 devices and is confirmed to working perfectly. Do not skip any step in the tutorial.
1. Click Here to Download Andriod 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Firmware Update for Verizon Galaxy S4 I545.
2. Click Here to Download Odin V3.07.
3. Click Here to Download Samsung USB Drivers for Galaxy S4, if youíve already not installed on your PC.
1. First of all extract the download files on your desktop and make sure youíve installed usb drivers.
2. Now Reboot your Galaxy S4 I545 into Download Mode by Pressing and Holding the Volume Down+Home+Power buttons at the same time.
3. After then run the Odin3 v3.07.exe and connect your Verizon Galaxy S4 I545 to PC via the USB Cable and make sure at this point Odin recognizes your Galaxy S4. The ID:COM port will either turn bule or yellow when it recognizes your device and also youíll notice the Added!! in the message section of Odin.
4. Once your device successfully connected to PC, without making changes in Odin, hit the PDA button and select the update file which will in the tar.md5 format. After selecting the file just hit the START button.
5. Now wait for Odin to flash the VRUDMI1 Android 4.2.2 Firmware update on your GS4. Once it gets completed, Odin will notify you using the green labeled PASS!! Message and during this your Verizon Galaxy S4 will also be rebooted.
6. Thatís it folks, when your device reboots, youíll be having VRUDMI1 Android 4.2.2 Firmware update installed on your Verizon Galaxy S4.