Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Thinking of getting a M8

OP sevron

1st May 2014, 02:10 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14

273 posts
More
I have the S4, love the phone but need something new. Best thing is I'm still not on my own phone contract. So, the question is is giving up the freedom of not having a contract or even paying the phone bill worth it for a phone bill and HTC One M8?

I'm not worried about the cost or anything, obviously I can't pay full retail or I would of done it already. But I'm thinking of a single line plan on Verizon which is basically my only option for service where I go to or maybe ATT. Just not sure which as both plans would be ~90+ a month for just me =/.

Is the HTC One M8 a good phone? Worth getting it on Verizon EDGE or ATT Next so I can upgrade faster or what? I was tempted to go for the S5, but the all metal casing of the HTC One is winning me over.
1st May 2014, 04:57 AM   |  #2  
Flag Scottsbluff
Thanks Meter: 74

464 posts
Donate to Me
More
Short answer: Yes!
I love my M8. I've had every major smart phone, on Verizon, with the M7 being an exception. This has almost everything I've ever wanted in a smartphone. If I could have Moto's active notifications and voice control, I'd be in heaven. Easy s-off, root, and unlock. Plus, the development is taking off in a big way. Since this device is hardware identical, it can be used on any network given the right software. It's a win/win in my book.

Sent from my #6F6E71 M8
1st May 2014, 06:40 AM   |  #3  
Flag Atlanta,Ga
Thanks Meter: 1,208

3,231 posts
More
I have the S4 my gf is using it at the moment but I did the edge program and glad I did. I love this phone it's the best I ever owned. I wasn't to thrilled with last year's m7 that's the reason I went with the S4. But after being in a vzw store and having time to play with it and the S5 I choses the M8. Glad I did now cause the boot loader can be unlocked is amazing. I think it will be a long time before or if the S5 ever get unlocked

Sent from my Insanely powered M8 using Tapatalk
1st May 2014, 10:57 AM   |  #4  
Flag LA
Thanks Meter: 82

168 posts
More
I tryed out few phones. I even returned my iphone that freaking just sucked. M8 is the most best phone out right now. THANKS to a few members on this board..
1st May 2014, 03:25 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14

273 posts
More
I may go play with the M8 and S5 in a store today. Just wished it wasn't $115/mo for one line with 2gb on VZW Edge. But no way I can actually use Tmobile as I tried them once and got nothing, not even 3g.
1st May 2014, 08:05 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 6

22 posts
It's definitely a very good phone. I previously had a m7 and GS4 before that. I have no complaints at all. At first it felt a little too big coming from the M7 but I've since gotten used to it. My gf has a GS5 and after playing with it, it doesn't seem as smooth as the M8 even though they're running the same processor. The one thing I'll give the GS5 is the camera. Very easy to take awesome pictures on that phone. So I guess it depends on what you're going to do with the phone.
3rd May 2014, 11:52 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 9

139 posts
Here's the plan available on Verizon HTC One M8:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/d...-one?&zipRdr=y

And here for you to compare your phone now with the HTC One M8. See for yourself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaGg09UxrRM

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread