Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,934 Members 37,571 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Button on lower right

Tip us?

shizurushu
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Button on lower right

Hi there. I just bought my xperia z1 today. And im wondering what is the use of the button in the lower right part of the phone. I tried it in camera but it didnt capture photo. It only turn on the flash for a couple of seconds then it off agin without capturing it. Whats the use of it then?

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 615
Is the Camera Button but you don't know how to use it, it have two time press, at the first click it take focus, when you push harder it take the pictures. If you cannot take photos then the button is faulty and you should go for replacement.
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4

funky0308
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 5,145

DONATE TO ME
You can actually see camera icon on left side of that button so it's quite clear what is for...

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Someguyfromhell
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,002

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shizurushu View Post
Hi there. I just bought my xperia z1 today. And im wondering what is the use of the button in the lower right part of the phone. I tried it in camera but it didnt capture photo. It only turn on the flash for a couple of seconds then it off agin without capturing it. Whats the use of it then?
It's a two-step button. 1st step is focusing (and maybe flash depending on the setting), 2nd step, if you push harder, takes the picture.