Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,401 Members 38,367 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Samsung multimedia smartdock and USB otg not working with kitkat

Tip us?

xiasma
Old
(Last edited by xiasma; 10th April 2014 at 08:58 PM.) Reason: RESOLVED
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Samsung multimedia smartdock and USB otg not working with kitkat

My USB mouse and keyboard have stopped working since ee pushed out the android 4.4 update. This is with both a cheap USB otg cable and the official Samsung multimedia dock.
Had anyone else experienced pertinence with KitKat and USB otg?

Update: in security settings, set the policy level to normal.
All working again now, huge thanks to Lisa at EE.

Old
Thanks Meter 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiasma View Post
My USB mouse and keyboard have stopped working since ee pushed out the android 4.4 update. This is with both a cheap USB otg cable and the official Samsung multimedia dock.
Had anyone else experienced pertinence with KitKat and USB otg?
I have no problem using my USB OTG with the new version 4.4.2 android.
Tmobile HTC HD2
ROM 2.13.531.1
Radio 2.10.50.26

ACER 500 64GB Tablet
Changelog for CM10

xiasma
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10507 View Post
I have no problem using my USB OTG with the new version 4.4.2 android.
OK thanks. Maybe there is a different problem - I shall the dock with a friend's note ii to see if perhaps the dock is faulty. I make no assumptions about my cheap otg cable.

rswanie
Old
(Last edited by rswanie; 3rd April 2014 at 09:31 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
OK thanks. Maybe there is a different problem - I shall the dock with a friend's note ii to see if perhaps the dock is faulty. I make no assumptions about my cheap otg cable.
Since upgrading to kitkat, my keyboard and mouse also does not work on my smart dock anymore. The HDMI still goes through to the display but it does not detect the usb keyboard and mouse.

PlutoDelic
Old
Thanks Meter 47
the Smart Dock huh? they havent released one for the Note 3, and the latest one (which is old) seems to work, i wouldnt be surprised if Sammy stops the support in purpose.

damn, and i was so near on getting one.

rswanie
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoDelic View Post
the Smart Dock huh? they havent released one for the Note 3, and the latest one (which is old) seems to work, i wouldnt be surprised if Sammy stops the support in purpose.

Yes. I got my Smart Dock about 4 months ago and it worked perfectly. If I knew KiKat was going to break the functionality I would not have upgraded. Very disappointed. Really hope they fix it in an update.

xiasma
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:

Now it's working again I can say that it is a good device. My only criticism is that I would prefer it to be landscape than portrait

PlutoDelic
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Now it's working again I can say that it is a good device. My only criticism is that I would prefer it to be landscape than portrait
on KitKat as well? How is the charging? How long does it take to charge the phone?

it is going to create inconsistent charges switching from dock to wall charger which differ in USB versions and power transmission.

Can you try to use the wall plug of the Note 3 in the dock, just curious if it will charge any faster...?

xiasma
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
on KitKat as well? How is the charging? How long does it take to charge the phone?

it is going to create inconsistent charges switching from dock to wall charger which differ in USB versions and power transmission.

Can you try to use the wall plug of the Note 3 in the dock, just curious if it will charge any faster...?
TBH never noticed a difference. I tend to leave my handset charging whenever I am not on the move.

dnandwani
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
How it start working?? I am still not able to connect

Tags
kitkat, otg, usb