Thread Closed

Android iPod like device

OP Jack1212

17th March 2014, 04:29 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
Hi, I have been looking for a while now for an iPod like android device. (No cell phone service, uses wi-fi and Bluetooth, etc.) But I haven't found anything that jumps out at me. I have seen the Samsung Galaxy Players and they seem to be running very old android versions and are hard to find. I also have thought of a no-contract, cheap android phone but can't find one. Please help me out if you know of anything that could maybe fit my needs! Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
17th March 2014, 05:14 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

15 posts
I think iPod Touch 4th is very good. Why you must require it is Android system ? For Samsung, i didn't find any good devices like iPod.
3rd April 2014, 01:36 AM   |  #3  
Flag My House
Thanks Meter: 52

225 posts
More
I have to agree with above ^^ I would say that any pre-paid low end phone would do just fine for the price, and I found even my Samsung Galaxy Ace had some awesome ROMs (not the greatest device but any custom ROM made it much better).

The only other possible option is a tablet, but I'm getting the feeling that portability is more what you are looking for and a 7 inch tablet isn't always the most practical to carry around. Unfortunately I don't know of any iPod style devices powered by Android other than the Galaxy Player (which flopped so there wasn't a next generation). The only possible other device for you could be the Samsung Galaxy Camera (the first gen comes in 4g enabled versions) however this device is more specifically camera oriented so I don't think that it would work well either.

Best bet is most likely a prepaid phone because most cellphones these days are replacing the need for multiple devices. Hopefully this helps and I wish you good luck.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
3rd April 2014, 11:44 AM   |  #4  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 330

1,636 posts
More
get the original galaxy si9000 or the nexus s i9020/9023 !

it has the wolfson wm8994 : http://www.wolfsonmicro.com/products/audio_hubs/WM8994/

install the voodoo sound mod and get a pair sub $99 earphones.

or simply try to get the iphone 3gs or the iphone 4 for cheap.
3rd May 2014, 12:50 PM   |  #5  
Flag 28.2S, 92.1W
Thanks Meter: 13,808

8,467 posts
More
go here for this inquiy and discussion...http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2229761
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread