Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,714 Members 41,431 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Android iPod like device

Tip us?

Jack1212
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Android iPod like device

Hi, I have been looking for a while now for an iPod like android device. (No cell phone service, uses wi-fi and Bluetooth, etc.) But I haven't found anything that jumps out at me. I have seen the Samsung Galaxy Players and they seem to be running very old android versions and are hard to find. I also have thought of a no-contract, cheap android phone but can't find one. Please help me out if you know of anything that could maybe fit my needs! Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

ecparts
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I think iPod Touch 4th is very good. Why you must require it is Android system ? For Samsung, i didn't find any good devices like iPod.

thatdude02
Old
Thanks Meter 52
I have to agree with above ^^ I would say that any pre-paid low end phone would do just fine for the price, and I found even my Samsung Galaxy Ace had some awesome ROMs (not the greatest device but any custom ROM made it much better).

The only other possible option is a tablet, but I'm getting the feeling that portability is more what you are looking for and a 7 inch tablet isn't always the most practical to carry around. Unfortunately I don't know of any iPod style devices powered by Android other than the Galaxy Player (which flopped so there wasn't a next generation). The only possible other device for you could be the Samsung Galaxy Camera (the first gen comes in 4g enabled versions) however this device is more specifically camera oriented so I don't think that it would work well either.

Best bet is most likely a prepaid phone because most cellphones these days are replacing the need for multiple devices. Hopefully this helps and I wish you good luck.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
Moto X!

Ok Google now

aaki_rocker
Old
Thanks Meter 325
get the original galaxy si9000 or the nexus s i9020/9023 !

it has the wolfson wm8994 : http://www.wolfsonmicro.com/products/audio_hubs/WM8994/

install the voodoo sound mod and get a pair sub $99 earphones.

or simply try to get the iphone 3gs or the iphone 4 for cheap.
CURRENT DEVICES :

Motorola Droid Razr™ HD

Nokia Lumia™ 928

HISTORY OF DEVICES :

HTC One™M7
LG G2
Samsung Galaxy™ S III
Nokia Lumia 928
Apple iPhone 5
Nokia Lumia 920
Apple iPhone 4s
Samsung Galaxy Note - N7000
Pantech Flex
Motorola Droid RAZR
SONY Xperia™S
Samsung Galaxy Note I717
Samsung Galaxy SII T989 -Hercules
LG Nitro HD
HTC VIVID 4G
LG Thrill 4G
HTC HD2

The Legendry Nokia N900

HIT THANKS IF I'VE HELPED YOU !!

Naddict
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 13603
go here for this inquiy and discussion...http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2229761
Every time you don't use search, a kitten, bunny, baby turtle, and fuzzy Harp Seal are killed.

Read the Rules! -- Search Before You Post! -- Learn about XDA -- Need A Moderators Help? -- Get the Most out of XDA! -- Curious about GPL?
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe