Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,095 Members 40,793 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Phone memory?

Tip us?

billaras481
Old
(Last edited by billaras481; 2nd May 2014 at 02:53 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Phone memory?

Can anyone tell me why memory phone is shown as a card and not as phone and why is named 0?

Also, I can't connect phone to usb because because something is going on with phone tethering or idk.. Is there any way to fix that?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-05-02 13.04.10.png
Views:	53
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	2721402  

TechnoSparks
Old
Thanks Meter 19

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by billaras481 View Post
Can anyone tell me why memory phone is shown as a card and not as phone and why is named 0?

Also, I can't connect phone to usb because because something is going on with phone tethering or idk.. Is there any way to fix that?
For your first question, I don't really know the exact truth, but somewhat in 4.3 Sony changes the emulation directory, resulting in a newer location of those two storages.

Now, internal storage can be explored with:
/storage/emulated/0/
And external:
/storage/removable/sdcard1

Maybe because of such emulation, ES File Explorer unable to show the old "sdcard0" label because as far I can remember the old emulation directory was named "sdcard0" and not 0. Plus it was in /storage's root.

Your second question, I cannot help you with that as there are not many infos you are trying to expose. How about starting your phone on a safe mode by holding power button then long tap the power off selection on screen. Then you will be prompted about rebooting to safe mode. Tap OK.
After reboot, try connecting your phone with USB again
My hobby? I roam the internet!
Please understand that english is not my main language. Excuse my english if there are mistakes

My Stock SG ROM mirrors updates on every Sony release!
The Following User Says Thank You to TechnoSparks For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

billaras481
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoSparks View Post
For your first question, I don't really know the exact truth, but somewhat in 4.3 Sony changes the emulation directory, resulting in a newer location of those two storages.

Now, internal storage can be explored with:
/storage/emulated/0/
And external:
/storage/removable/sdcard1

Maybe because of such emulation, ES File Explorer unable to show the old "sdcard0" label because as far I can remember the old emulation directory was named "sdcard0" and not 0. Plus it was in /storage's root.

Your second question, I cannot help you with that as there are not many infos you are trying to expose. How about starting your phone on a safe mode by holding power button then long tap the power off selection on screen. Then you will be prompted about rebooting to safe mode. Tap OK.
After reboot, try connecting your phone with USB again
I can't connect my phone to PC because PC cannot find any driver.I could connect it before I install a ROM... (phone is rooter)
Phone just loads but when I click to connect on MTP mode nothing happens.. PC just doesn't install any driver while drivers were installed before.