Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,559 Members 51,879 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Trouble connecting Mobile Data

Tip us?

arjunz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Trouble connecting Mobile Data

I changed my phone from Samsung Galaxy S5 i9500 to Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005 unlocked version today. I had no issues using mobile data on galaxy s4, but after putting the SIM in note 3 everything works fine, except mobile data. I'm unable to connect to mobile data.

Phone details :

Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-05-03-12-51-35.png
Views:	21
Size:	242.0 KB
ID:	2722860

Please help.

jdomadia
Old
Thanks Meter 279

DONATE TO ME
You purchased online? Your phone is rooted? There is many European phone with regional lock, unlocked changing imei, check your imei dialing *#06#, compare with number under battery.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app

GIVE ONE THANKS GET ONE FREE

arjunz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Hi,

I purchased it from a shop, and it is not rooted. I checked the IMEI and it has not been changed. Everything except mobile data works fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdomadia View Post
You purchased online? Your phone is rooted? There is many European phone with regional lock, unlocked changing imei, check your imei dialing *#06#, compare with number under battery.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app

gee2012
Old
(Last edited by gee2012; 3rd May 2014 at 10:26 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2802
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunz View Post
Hi,

I purchased it from a shop, and it is not rooted. I checked the IMEI and it has not been changed. Everything except mobile data works fine.
Do you have the correct apn data settings, tried with a friends simcard if you get data then. Maybe request a new simcard from your provider.
What software version do you have, type *#1234#in the phone dialer to see that.
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue

arjunz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I put my SIM in another phone and mobile data works fine. Tried the note 3 using my friend's SIM, but still no data connection.

Checked the phone's firmware and I found that it is a HONG KONG version of the note 3. Any issues for this version ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012 View Post
Do you have the correct apn data settings, tried with a friends simcard if you get data then. Maybe request a new simcard from your provider.
What software version do you have, type *#1234#in the phone dialer to see that.