Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Closed

Xperia Z2 stupit camera overheat.

OP kkkok8051

3rd May 2014, 02:13 PM   |  #71  
Thanks Meter: 93

335 posts
IP 67 Enclosures*- IP rated as "dust tight" and protected against*immersion.IP 68 Enclosures*- IP rated as "dust tight" and protected against*complete, continuous submersion in water. Why should i stop writing? Are you somekind of dictator or just getting mad because im right?

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk 2
3rd May 2014, 02:26 PM   |  #72  
Thanks Meter: 1,115

1,472 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by feis

IP 67 Enclosures*- IP rated as "dust tight" and protected against*immersion.IP 68 Enclosures*- IP rated as "dust tight" and protected against*complete, continuous submersion in water. Why should i stop writing? Are you somekind of dictator or just getting mad because im right?

Because in a thread on the XDA expert forum where an actual camera issue is being discussed, "it is not an issue you technically clueless smartass who can't understand English" is not a level discussion from you, especially when it's revealed that it's you lacking some information, like IP certification. There's not gonna be another warning. Return to XDA-level discussion of this existing Z2 issue, what might cause it, how to avoid it and who to contact from Sony to make it go away, cause that's why this forum exists, a community to make things better and not to ignore issues.
3rd May 2014, 02:32 PM   |  #73  
Thanks Meter: 93

335 posts
Haha, you are funny really. First of all thats not what i said and taken completely out of context, second i can give my opinion because it is a forum and im allowed to do it, third the point i made is completely valid and right, you attacked me and in all these messages havent prooved me wrong yet, quite hilarious. Oh and btw lacking information on ip ceritificates? Why, because you said so? I know all about certificates, and second number being lower on S5 compared to Z2 just prooves me right. You might as well keep writing here, im out, useless discussion with person who cant acknowledge different opinion based on facts. Cya

Last edited by feis; 3rd May 2014 at 02:39 PM.
3rd May 2014, 02:48 PM   |  #74  
Flag Őriszentpéter
Thanks Meter: 23

205 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneXDA

Explain in plain English then why merely composing a shot to photograph a flower under the 25C Sun overheats the device in just a mere minutes cause I can't name a single other flagship device that does that. And until it does it there is a better IP certified phone for shooting photos and videos without a headache, you know which. Quit acting if there is no overheating issue when this thread proves there is with many, many users.

"And until it does it there is a better IP certified phone for shooting photos and videos without a headache"

You mean the S5? For 4K Its shoots 5 min... so basically the same, and i rather put a Z2 (IP58) or even my Z (IP57) into the water with the flaps than an S5 with that joke rubber sealing. An average user could easily forget about putting back the backpanel properly.
3rd May 2014, 02:51 PM   |  #75  
Thanks Meter: 1,115

1,472 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee480

If there's a Z2 user who said there's isn't an overheating issue compared to the Samsung-in-arms user who only used the Z2 for a "limited time", I'm sure you've zero authority to claim that the user is "acting". I'm sure some users experiences overheating and some don't. And I'm sure from the posts, this issue don't blanket the Z2 population.

Sent from my Xperia ion using XDA Free mobile app

Since I have photography threads for more than half a dozen different manufacturers (and actually use a Nexus 4 if that matters, fail to see why, but there you go), you can trust my word when I say in my limited time I really had and not making up the same overheating issues others did, incl. feis who indicated he too has overheating for 4k, others for photography. Thing is: this is not an isolated issue but pretty wide-spread, and XDA Developers is the exact place to deal with it and find a solution. What's not XDA-level discussion is some dude dropping by and adding the very useful "you are all technically clueless smartasses who don't understand English". This will end either by choice or by moderators.

Now I've already said overheating is probably not a manufacturing issues but a camera driver thing, my bet would be the live view taking up so much resources, that the ISP and SoC constantly working with very high screen brightness and the Sun giving extra heat, the Z2 just overheats. Or maybe the force-stop policy is too aggressive and the Z2 could take a little more hotness. The point is: we are here to address this issues not ignore it. The easiest way to ignore it is by not posting here.

Thank you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BoneXDA For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd May 2014, 03:10 PM   |  #76  
Flag Őriszentpéter
Thanks Meter: 23

205 posts
More
Quote:

Since I have photography threads for more than half a dozen different manufacturers (and actually use a Nexus 4 if that matters, fail to see why, but there you go), you can trust my word when I say in my limited time I really had and not making up the same overheating issues others did, incl. feis who indicated he too has overheating for 4k, others for photography. Thing is: this is not an isolated issue but pretty wide-spread, and XDA Developers is the exact place to deal with it and find a solution. What's not XDA-level discussion is some dude dropping by and adding the very useful "you are all technically clueless smartasses who don't understand English". This will end either by choice or by moderators.

Now I've already said overheating is probably not a manufacturing issues but a camera driver thing, my bet would be the live view taking up so much resources, that the ISP and SoC constantly working with very high screen brightness and the Sun giving extra heat, the Z2 just overheats. Or maybe the force-stop policy is too aggressive and the Z2 could take a little more hotness. The point is: we are here to address this issues not ignore it. The easiest way to ignore it is by not posting here.

Thank you.

I may prefer an auto closing camera if its protect my phone from back panel lifting (Z issue)
3rd May 2014, 03:11 PM   |  #77  
Thanks Meter: 196

824 posts
It's funny how people get so butthurt over not being able to record for more than 5 mins in 4k, as someone said, it's a smartphone and a thin one, do you know how much power 4k recording requires? Of course it's gonna overheat.. Also how many of you have 4k monitors? If you wanna record in 4k for a longer time the only option is to get a big 4k video camera

Sent from my Xperia Z1
3rd May 2014, 03:17 PM   |  #78  
Thanks Meter: 4

80 posts
Quote:

Thank you.

I ordered mine from Handtec, and with any luck, it will be here next week. I live in New York, so returning the phone if it has severe overheating issues might not be as easy. So what I would like to know is if Sony will be able to fix this via software update or should I cancel my order and wait for the Oppo Find 7? The problem with the Oppo is that it hasn't really been tested, so getting that phone could open up a whole new can of worms. I am stumped as to what to do. I have never used a Sony phone before, so I don't know what to expect. I hated that physical home button on the Samsung line, so decided against getting the S5. The HTC M8 doesn't have enough in the camera for me to get that. I love Sony products, so I don't know what's going on with this overheating situation. There has to be some software fix, the only question is will they care to implement it, or will they write-off the Z2, and provide a solution in the Z3???
3rd May 2014, 03:22 PM   |  #79  
Forum Moderator
Flag Roseville, MN
Thanks Meter: 4,398

3,851 posts
More
I think this thread has run it's course.

Closed.

El Daddy

The Following User Says Thank You to El Daddy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread