Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,840 Members 40,408 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) vs Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet

Tip us?

gvogs
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) vs Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet

Hallo,

I hope this is the right thread for my question(s).

I'm going to guy a tablet in the next days. The following two are my favourites till now:
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)
  • Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet

My main usage will be surfing, watching videos, watching fotos, making notes, making notes in pdf or similar, ...
Especially for the last two usecases I think, that the Galaxy Note is in advantage because of the S-Pen input. As far as I read, the Xperia Z2 also supports input via a pen. Which one does a better job regarding this, the Galaxy Note or the Xperia Z2?
The Galaxy Note has a higher resolution and more ppi but I suppose, that this will drain the battery faster.

I know it from other Samsung devices (I haven't owned one till now), that the UI is very "overloaded". So Samsung does a lot of modifications. Good ones?

The Xperia Z2 has a bigger frame, which is unnecessary in my opinion.

Double Tab to wake-up is, as far as I read, only supported by the Z2. Is there a app, or similar, for the Samsung?
Miracast and similar should be supported by both right?
Are there dockingstations for both devices available?

I would be really glad for informations which helps me to make a fast decision.

Thanks!

justmpm
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2,408
There are 3 threads devoted to discussions about devices, please repost your question in one of these three threads: The what should I buy thread or the The Device Suggestion Thread or the The Device Comparison Thread.

Thanks!
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe