Another SIP thread

21st April 2014, 06:30 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hello all,

I just got done with a one hour call using GrooveIP/GV/GV+ and struggled most of the call keeping it alive. My main problem was the recipient hearing me. I was pretty impressed to make a whole hour to be honest but it was a bit of a struggle. That being said, what are you using for your wifi calls these days? As most of you know, SIP linked with GV is coming to an end. Any thoughts? Just trying to have an open discussion about it pertaining to not only the Note but the general concept.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
2nd May 2014, 05:14 AM   |  #2  
Flag Fresno, CA
Thanks Meter: 440

831 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbseth

Hello all,

I just got done with a one hour call using GrooveIP/GV/GV+ and struggled most of the call keeping it alive. My main problem was the recipient hearing me. I was pretty impressed to make a whole hour to be honest but it was a bit of a struggle. That being said, what are you using for your wifi calls these days? As most of you know, SIP linked with GV is coming to an end. Any thoughts? Just trying to have an open discussion about it pertaining to not only the Note but the general concept.

It isn't sip that is going away, it's the xmpp protocol. I use my gv number with an obihai device and an now going to lose the ability to make/receive calls to my home phone for free. I'm sure there will be a device come soon that integrates directly into hangouts like the ata (the obihai) doors since that is how hangouts will now work. It's basically becoming Skype, and forcing people to join Google+. That part I am not happy with, but I will do what I gotta do to keep my free calling...

2nd May 2014, 06:53 AM   |  #3  
Flag iloilo
Thanks Meter: 36

400 posts
More
what will you do keep your free calling?
3rd May 2014, 04:03 PM   |  #4  
Flag Fresno, CA
Thanks Meter: 440

831 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorettaa

what will you do keep your free calling?

Well, I will just be using my cell in the meantime. I don't really use my home phone but like to have it for the kids. There is already the gvmate out but requires a computer. I will wait for an ata that doesn't require that.

The Following User Says Thank You to noobtoob For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread