Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,395 Members 48,084 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] No Sound after new ROM

Tip us?

triplexcoast
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] No Sound after new ROM

Earlier today I flashed from ViperDNA 2.0.x to the new ViperDNA 4.0.0 RC to take advantage of some of the bluetooth features not available in 4.2.2 based roms (mainly bluetooth low energy for the fitbit and HTC fetch that I recently received).

Ever since that first flash I have had zero audio from the main speakers on the phone. The earpiece works perfectly in calls, and the headphone jack and bluetooth audio work 100% as expected.

Troubleshooting already attempted:
dumped media to computer, and full format all partitions on phone, reflash rom--no change
flashed new hboot and radio firmware, and stock 4.4.2 rom--no change
flashed back to 4.2.2 based rom (ViperDNA 2.5.0)--no change

Does anyone have any additional suggestions? I cannot find my unlock_code.bin, so I would like to avoid having to relock and ruu if possible, unless someone has easy instructions for that as well.

Thank you in advance.

Uzephi
Old
Thanks Meter 301

DONATE TO ME
Only option left is to ruu

You can ruu while still having your secure flag off (S-Off) and after ruu you can install a custom recovery with S-Off. Then be able to flash the unlock zip from Scotty's thread.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

triplexcoast
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks Uzephi, before doing that I figured I'd try the "alternate RUU" option here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/devd...ct/dl/?id=4899.

While on 3.06 there was no improvement, so I let it pull the ota Updates. This morning after receiving the 4.09 update, when the phone rebooted, I heard "Droid" when it booted. Checked youtube and notifications settings, and had sound.

Here is where it gets interesting... I flashed TWRP 2.7 so I could make a backup in working condition, and when exiting after the backup, I chose to "install" superSU. Phone reboots--No sound again.

I am stumped--any suggestions?