Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

TRYING to go from Carbon to OptimusDE...help anyone?

OP latrotoxin1986

2nd April 2014, 02:34 AM   |  #11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Wellsville
Thanks Meter: 329

380 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by engine95

So LGNPST got everything working. But when you installed Stocktimus O you got stuck on the Sprint boot screen?
Did you give it about 4min to make sure it booted up?
It should work with both TWRP and CWM. I installed with both when I built them.
I know you've flashed before, but just in case, wipe /system, /data, /dalvic, and /cache.

If you don't want to do this next part, I'll see if it's something on my end:
If it doesn't install with TWRP, could you wipe your SD and try it again? I know it'd be a pain, but at least it would let me know if I need to fix the updater scripts.
Make sure your phone boots up. Then in recovery wipe "internal data" or SD and reboot. Your phone should still boot as long as you don't wipe /system.
If for some reason it won't boot, you may need to ADB sideload a rom, or LGNPST again.
Just trying to cover everything.

It didn't get stuck, it just booted as though I hadn't flashed Stocktimus O even though it said it had successfully installed. Kinda weird...but it's definitely not on your end. I've done something, at some point, that has borked my ability to flash stock. I've thought about totally wiping SD....just LGNPST after that. I dunno.

TWRP didn't give me any different results. Same deal, just booted with the original Sprint screen, not your boot animation, nothing had changed...
The Following User Says Thank You to latrotoxin1986 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd April 2014, 02:44 AM   |  #12  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,683

2,296 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by latrotoxin1986

It didn't get stuck, it just booted as though I hadn't flashed Stocktimus O even though it said it had successfully installed. Kinda weird...but it's definitely not on your end. I've done something, at some point, that has borked my ability to flash stock. I've thought about totally wiping SD....just LGNPST after that. I dunno.

TWRP didn't give me any different results. Same deal, just booted with the original Sprint screen, not your boot animation, nothing had changed...

It's gotta be on the SD. I don't know how, or where, no file explorer shows anything weird, but CM/AOSP ROM'S have got to be putting something on it for it not to flash. I've had issues more than once when I've had to wipe my SD to fix it.
We gotta got you going so you can get us some more Carbon, LS970 style.
2nd April 2014, 03:30 AM   |  #13  
OP Senior Member
Flag Wellsville
Thanks Meter: 329

380 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by engine95

It's gotta be on the SD. I don't know how, or where, no file explorer shows anything weird, but CM/AOSP ROM'S have got to be putting something on it for it not to flash. I've had issues more than once when I've had to wipe my SD to fix it.
We gotta got you going so you can get us some more Carbon, LS970 style.

I'm TRYING to build it right now. Getting some really unusual errors. The last time I got one of them, I just restarted the build and it finished fine. This time though I'm getting Java Runtime Environment crashes though and something else...not sure what's up with that. Keep chipping away at it though
3rd May 2014, 05:48 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 23

176 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by latrotoxin1986

I'm TRYING to build it right now. Getting some really unusual errors. The last time I got one of them, I just restarted the build and it finished fine. This time though I'm getting Java Runtime Environment crashes though and something else...not sure what's up with that. Keep chipping away at it though

I had the reboot issue when it connected to data too when flashing back and forth from cm/aosp ROMs to stock. What resolves the issue for me is to use TWRP and go to advanced wrote and wipe everything EXCEPT internal. I used to have that issue all the time when using cwm recovery but philz recovery also seems to be ok when flashing back and forth hope this helps!

Sent from my LG-LS970 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Last edited by shaneg79; 3rd May 2014 at 05:57 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread