Sorta bricked A500

Search This thread

nola mike

Aug 8, 2011
So I felt like trying a different ROM after using CM10-Flex for a long while. So now I'm unable to boot into anything or flash a new ROM. I'm using Skrilax bootloader V8 and TWRP v. 2.3.0 for recovery. I can boot into recovery no problem. I have a couple of ROMS installed on my external SD. Trying to reflash the CM10 ROM hangs after "Starting AROMA INSTALLER", flashing file 1 of 1. Using OmniROM, I get a "success" message, but upon reboot I hang at "booting primary kernel image", and get stuck in a loop. CM 10.1 Barebones shows "success" (though it says "unable to mount /data: device or resource busy"), but again loops at at "booting primary kernel image". I'm on linux, so some of the tools won't work. Not sure what the issue is here though, or how to resolve. Thanks.

On some more reading, I'm wondering if my data partition is corrupted. I don't have an option to format it through twrm. Other methods that I've seen use CWM. I don't have fastboot with linux, and don't see another way to install a new recovery without starting from scratch with the bootloader and nvflash. Is there a simpler way to try this, or am I on the wrong path here?