Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,670 Members 44,175 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Lockscreen Isn't Responding + Random Crashes

Tip us?

kamikaze666
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Question [Q] Lockscreen Isn't Responding + Random Crashes

Hello guys,

I searched for this issue on the forum but it seems that nobody encountered anything like this before.

To begin, I would like to mention that I am running the latest CyanogenMod 11 nightly on an HTC One X (Tegra version).

Since somewhere right after the latest M release, I've been having a couple of issues with the phone:

#1: From time to time, I get a "Lockscreen" isn't responding dialog and it asks whether I want to "Wait" or "Close". Well, if I click on "Wait" the phone becomes unresponsive, as if something was running in the background so hard that it would eat up all the ram and would choke the CPU;
If I click on close, it's a hit or miss situation: sometimes it restarts the lockscreen and takes me back to it, even though I previously unlocked the device and sometimes the phone becomes unresponsive as before.

#2: Besides what I mentioned above, the phone sometimes becomes unresponsive without warning and every time this happens, it always looks and feels as if something is chocking the ram and CPU.

Have any of you guys encountered something like this before and if yes, what can I do to fix it?

If not, is there a way in Android, to pull up a log similar to the Windows Task Manager, that would tell me exactly what was running in the background at a given time and how much memory/CPU cycles it was actually using?

Thank you in advance.

Mr Hofs
Old
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter 8,363

DONATE TO ME
Try your stock rom for a while.

kamikaze666
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hofs View Post
Try your stock rom for a while.
Thank you for your reply however, I haven't used sense roms in a while now, plus, it's a downgrade from KitKat, which is why I am not that fond of this option.

On a different note, I just installed the latest nightly "clean", namely with a full factory reset from recovery, flashed boot.img in fastboot and installed the latest GApps from PA.

I don't get the "Lockscreen is not responding" dialog anymore, but from time to time, the lockscreen still closes and now it either resets on its own, or it forces the OS to reset, after which com.android.systemui starts force closing indefinitely and the phone afterwards requires a hard reset.

Has anyone else encountered something similar? Any help?

Mr Hofs
Old
Thanks Meter 8,363

DONATE TO ME
I'm saying to use the stock rom for a while just to rule out hardware issues !

kamikaze666
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
I'm saying to use the stock rom for a while just to rule out hardware issues !
Cool, will try that. Thanks.

What kind of hardware issues do you think could cause an issue like this?

Mr Hofs
Old
Thanks Meter 8,363

DONATE TO ME
Not sure but why stick to a rom that is not working properly, go for safe and go for stock if the issue is gone you can search for the issue that is caused by a rom !
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Hofs For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kamikaze666
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Not sure but why stick to a rom that is not working properly, go for safe and go for stock if the issue is gone you can search for the issue that is caused by a rom !
Fair enough! Thank you!

Tags
crash, freeze, keyguard, lockscreen, unresponsive