How to Control Both Moto G and Moto E LEDs

Notification LEDs offer a great way to check for notification at a glance on the Moto G (2013) and … more

LG G3 Receives Oversharpening Fix via Modified Kernel

Nothing is perfect, as they say. No matter how alluring or seemingly perfect, … more

APKTool Updated with Android Lollipop Support

One of the beauties of Android is the level of flexibility we have over our devices. Whether … more

Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

OTA

OP naveediftikhar

3rd May 2014, 08:58 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 51

396 posts
hello guys...m new to m8 as i just received mine yesterday...as of today its rooted..unlocked and s-off with supercid..but what i need to know is, will ota updates work in this current condition?...or do i need to flash the latest firmware in ruu form...and will flashing wipe my device?
3rd May 2014, 09:41 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1,625

5,419 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveediftikhar

hello guys...m new to m8 as i just received mine yesterday...as of today its rooted..unlocked and s-off with supercid..but what i need to know is, will ota updates work in this current condition?...or do i need to flash the latest firmware in ruu form...and will flashing wipe my device?

I think as long as you don't have a custom rom on it should be OK
But not %100 on that
3rd May 2014, 05:05 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

22 posts
Has anyone posted a flashable zip version of the OTA for the unlocked/dev version?
3rd May 2014, 05:30 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Liverpool, Merseyside
Thanks Meter: 3,199

13,535 posts
More
You need to have a 100% stock system (bar root), including the stock recovery and kernel, to flash an OTA as it requires the stock build to be able to upgrade it. Root files are additional so aren't checked, although you'll probably have to re-root the phone once the OTA is complete
The Following User Says Thank You to EddyOS For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd May 2014, 06:47 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 51

396 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyOS

You need to have a 100% stock system (bar root), including the stock recovery and kernel, to flash an OTA as it requires the stock build to be able to upgrade it. Root files are additional so aren't checked, although you'll probably have to re-root the phone once the OTA is complete

I have got a 100% stock phone apart from soff and unlocked bootloader...but kindly tell me that using the ruu updates avaiable here in some threads work? As they are of 45mb while the ota update is off 119mb..does that mean to get a full update feel ill have to flash a latest update custom rom with this ruu update?..ive been using nexus 4 before this so kindly excuse the complicated querries !

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda premium
3rd May 2014, 07:32 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Liverpool, Merseyside
Thanks Meter: 3,199

13,535 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveediftikhar

I have got a 100% stock phone apart from soff and unlocked bootloader...but kindly tell me that using the ruu updates avaiable here in some threads work? As they are of 45mb while the ota update is off 119mb..does that mean to get a full update feel ill have to flash a latest update custom rom with this ruu update?..ive been using nexus 4 before this so kindly excuse the complicated querries !

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda premium

If you're just S-OFF/unlocked but otherwise 100% stock the OTA will be fine. There are no RUUs available yet bar the Sprint Harman Karmon one - hopefully more will arrive eventually
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread