Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more

Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

Try Some Android Lollipop Applications on Your Device

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been officially announced and lucky users of Google Nexus 5 … more

AutoCon Manages Your Connections to Perserve Battery Life

As we’ve talked about in the past, battery life is still somewhat of a sore … more

Does slim extended battery for S5 G900T really works?

OP ishnum

16th April 2014, 04:20 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Should I try slim extended battery on my new Galaxy S5 G900T? My friend who owns one for his Note 3 from MPJ said it has a bit more power but still fit the original back. How do they get more power in the same size? I don’t expect it is 4300mAh, but at least last 2-3 hrs longer. Maybe I should try it out myself…
21st April 2014, 12:32 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 87

446 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ishnum

Should I try slim extended battery on my new Galaxy S5 G900T? My friend who owns one for his Note 3 from MPJ said it has a bit more power but still fit the original back. How do they get more power in the same size? I don’t expect it is 4300mAh, but at least last 2-3 hrs longer. Maybe I should try it out myself…

This shouldn't be a difficult question to reason out for yourself. Do you really think if it was possible to cram 4300mAh into a battery of the same size, Samsung, one of the world's leading tech companies, would be total retards and use a battery with 30% less juice in their flagship phone? use your brain ffs!
The Following User Says Thank You to Zamboney For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd May 2014, 03:36 AM   |  #3  
Flag Chicagoland
Thanks Meter: 122

516 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamboney

This shouldn't be a difficult question to reason out for yourself. Do you really think if it was possible to cram 4300mAh into a battery of the same size, Samsung, one of the world's leading tech companies, would be total retards and use a battery with 30% less juice in their flagship phone? use your brain ffs!

and your a likeable guy huh?........... Your so smart your must be an Aerospace Engineer... he was asking a basic question... and BTW..YES... The 3200mAh battery on Ebay lasts longer..So Samsung could have done better but..... They don't make it max capacity in hopes that people will buy extra batteries from them. Be nice and not mean to people asking basic questions.. your a senior member so please act like it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Martinjv71 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd May 2014, 09:02 AM   |  #4  
Dubai
Thanks Meter: 35

2,186 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjv71

and your a likeable guy huh?........... Your so smart your must be an Aerospace Engineer... he was asking a basic question... and BTW..YES... The 3200mAh battery on Ebay lasts longer..So Samsung could have done better but..... They don't make it max capacity in hopes that people will buy extra batteries from them. Be nice and not mean to people asking basic questions.. your a senior member so please act like it.

I agree
3rd May 2014, 02:52 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 11

98 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamboney

Actually its more than 50% more capacity, I have no clue where you got 30 from, use your brain ffs!

---------- Post added at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjv71

That's wrong as well, not making it higher capacity is hardly going to make people go and buy more batteries from them is it, its going to make people go buy more batteries based on the false advertising from the likes of MPJ. And while I am on the object, I would love to know how the hell they get away with claiming the mAh that they claim on these things because it's plainly obvious without even going near one of the batteries that it isn't possible.

What WOULD make people go buy more Samsung batteries is if they had a 'premium' higher capacity version and sold it for a higher price. People would fall over themselves to buy it and Samsung would make a killing. Since they have never done this, I suspect it's highly likely that although it may be possible to squeeze a bit more out of the same size, the methods in doing so mean the battery is less stable, less reliable, and doesn't work for as long, as seen in all the batteries like this from Anker to MPJ.

Now what WOULD be interesting is a battery that is physically larger and takes up the space used by the water proofing. So you lose the waterproofing but gain a big chunk of battery power, now that I think IS possible, it just needs someone with the foresight to produce it. There are many people, myself included, who aren't the slightest bit interested in the waterproofing because we don't plan on dropping it down the toilet or into the bath every 5 minutes so would gladly sacrifice this for a nice bump in battery life.
3rd May 2014, 06:54 PM   |  #6  
Flag Ajax
Thanks Meter: 50

203 posts
More
I always buy extra batteries for my phones. Note 1, Note 2, S4, and now the S5.

I have yet to see a battery that was the same size as OEM and had higher capacity. Anker had one that I tried that had I think 100ma higher capacity, but when I placed the battery in my phone it was a tighter fit. So really in my books it was a bigger battery.

I am not saying its not possible to get higher capacity than OEM in a slim battery, but I have not come across a slim battery that met lofty claims yet. For this reason, I now tend to stick to an OEM battery as I can trust that it will operate in a predictable manner. Add in the waterproofing seal on the current S5, I would try my best to stick with a battery that maintains OEM dimensions.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread