Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,440 Members 51,234 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Does slim extended battery for S5 G900T really works?

Tip us?

ishnum
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Does slim extended battery for S5 G900T really works?

Should I try slim extended battery on my new Galaxy S5 G900T? My friend who owns one for his Note 3 from MPJ said it has a bit more power but still fit the original back. How do they get more power in the same size? I don’t expect it is 4300mAh, but at least last 2-3 hrs longer. Maybe I should try it out myself…

Zamboney
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by ishnum View Post
Should I try slim extended battery on my new Galaxy S5 G900T? My friend who owns one for his Note 3 from MPJ said it has a bit more power but still fit the original back. How do they get more power in the same size? I don’t expect it is 4300mAh, but at least last 2-3 hrs longer. Maybe I should try it out myself…
This shouldn't be a difficult question to reason out for yourself. Do you really think if it was possible to cram 4300mAh into a battery of the same size, Samsung, one of the world's leading tech companies, would be total retards and use a battery with 30% less juice in their flagship phone? use your brain ffs!
The Following User Says Thank You to Zamboney For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Martinjv71
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamboney View Post
This shouldn't be a difficult question to reason out for yourself. Do you really think if it was possible to cram 4300mAh into a battery of the same size, Samsung, one of the world's leading tech companies, would be total retards and use a battery with 30% less juice in their flagship phone? use your brain ffs!

and your a likeable guy huh?........... Your so smart your must be an Aerospace Engineer... he was asking a basic question... and BTW..YES... The 3200mAh battery on Ebay lasts longer..So Samsung could have done better but..... They don't make it max capacity in hopes that people will buy extra batteries from them. Be nice and not mean to people asking basic questions.. your a senior member so please act like it.
Samsung Galaxy S4 AT&T

Rocking ViSiX !!!!!!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Martinjv71 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ilordvader
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjv71 View Post
and your a likeable guy huh?........... Your so smart your must be an Aerospace Engineer... he was asking a basic question... and BTW..YES... The 3200mAh battery on Ebay lasts longer..So Samsung could have done better but..... They don't make it max capacity in hopes that people will buy extra batteries from them. Be nice and not mean to people asking basic questions.. your a senior member so please act like it.
I agree
Lord Vader
"Knowledge grows when shared"

Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE SM-G900F
Samsung Galaxy-S2 AT&T/Note N-7000/S3 i9300/Note2 GT-N7100/S4 i9505 LTE/GT-S5310B/Note3 SM-N9005 LTE
HTC HD2 Telstra T9193
AT&T-Nokia 6620/Tilt-HTC_TyTN_II/HTC Fuze
Sprint-Sanyo SCP-4500/Sanyo SCP-5500 (VM-4500)
Nokia 9210 Communicator
Ericsson(1997)-GA628/GF 788/T65

SanDisk 64GB Extreme® microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-I Card

ewokuk
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamboney View Post
Actually its more than 50% more capacity, I have no clue where you got 30 from, use your brain ffs!

---------- Post added at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjv71 View Post
That's wrong as well, not making it higher capacity is hardly going to make people go and buy more batteries from them is it, its going to make people go buy more batteries based on the false advertising from the likes of MPJ. And while I am on the object, I would love to know how the hell they get away with claiming the mAh that they claim on these things because it's plainly obvious without even going near one of the batteries that it isn't possible.

What WOULD make people go buy more Samsung batteries is if they had a 'premium' higher capacity version and sold it for a higher price. People would fall over themselves to buy it and Samsung would make a killing. Since they have never done this, I suspect it's highly likely that although it may be possible to squeeze a bit more out of the same size, the methods in doing so mean the battery is less stable, less reliable, and doesn't work for as long, as seen in all the batteries like this from Anker to MPJ.

Now what WOULD be interesting is a battery that is physically larger and takes up the space used by the water proofing. So you lose the waterproofing but gain a big chunk of battery power, now that I think IS possible, it just needs someone with the foresight to produce it. There are many people, myself included, who aren't the slightest bit interested in the waterproofing because we don't plan on dropping it down the toilet or into the bath every 5 minutes so would gladly sacrifice this for a nice bump in battery life.

chriskwarren
Old
Thanks Meter 50
I always buy extra batteries for my phones. Note 1, Note 2, S4, and now the S5.

I have yet to see a battery that was the same size as OEM and had higher capacity. Anker had one that I tried that had I think 100ma higher capacity, but when I placed the battery in my phone it was a tighter fit. So really in my books it was a bigger battery.

I am not saying its not possible to get higher capacity than OEM in a slim battery, but I have not come across a slim battery that met lofty claims yet. For this reason, I now tend to stick to an OEM battery as I can trust that it will operate in a predictable manner. Add in the waterproofing seal on the current S5, I would try my best to stick with a battery that maintains OEM dimensions.
Current: Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900W8, NCG baseband, Bell Mobility) , Sony Tablet Z 32GB
Past: Galaxy S4 (i337m Bell Mobility), iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, Galaxy Note, Galaxy Note 2 i317M, Toshiba Thrive, Acer a500, Asus Transformer TF101, Asus Transformer TF 201, Asus Transformer Infinity, Acer a700