Does slim extended battery for S5 G900T really works?

Search This thread

ishnum

Mar 19, 2014
Should I try slim extended battery on my new Galaxy S5 G900T? My friend who owns one for his Note 3 from MPJ said it has a bit more power but still fit the original back. How do they get more power in the same size? I don’t expect it is 4300mAh, but at least last 2-3 hrs longer. Maybe I should try it out myself…

Zamboney

Feb 20, 2012
Should I try slim extended battery on my new Galaxy S5 G900T? My friend who owns one for his Note 3 from MPJ said it has a bit more power but still fit the original back. How do they get more power in the same size? I don’t expect it is 4300mAh, but at least last 2-3 hrs longer. Maybe I should try it out myself…

This shouldn't be a difficult question to reason out for yourself. Do you really think if it was possible to cram 4300mAh into a battery of the same size, Samsung, one of the world's leading tech companies, would be total retards and use a battery with 30% less juice in their flagship phone? use your brain ffs!

Reactions: Kher

Martinjv71

Aug 8, 2007
Chicagoland
This shouldn't be a difficult question to reason out for yourself. Do you really think if it was possible to cram 4300mAh into a battery of the same size, Samsung, one of the world's leading tech companies, would be total retards and use a battery with 30% less juice in their flagship phone? use your brain ffs!

and your a likeable guy huh?........... Your so smart your must be an Aerospace Engineer... he was asking a basic question... and BTW..YES... The 3200mAh battery on Ebay lasts longer..So Samsung could have done better but..... They don't make it max capacity in hopes that people will buy extra batteries from them. Be nice and not mean to people asking basic questions.. your a senior member so please act like it.

ilordvader

Oct 27, 2007
Mumbai
and your a likeable guy huh?........... Your so smart your must be an Aerospace Engineer... he was asking a basic question... and BTW..YES... The 3200mAh battery on Ebay lasts longer..So Samsung could have done better but..... They don't make it max capacity in hopes that people will buy extra batteries from them. Be nice and not mean to people asking basic questions.. your a senior member so please act like it.

I agree :good: :good: :good:

ewokuk

Oct 26, 2011

Actually its more than 50% more capacity, I have no clue where you got 30 from, use your brain ffs!

---------- Post added at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

That's wrong as well, not making it higher capacity is hardly going to make people go and buy more batteries from them is it, its going to make people go buy more batteries based on the false advertising from the likes of MPJ. And while I am on the object, I would love to know how the hell they get away with claiming the mAh that they claim on these things because it's plainly obvious without even going near one of the batteries that it isn't possible.

What WOULD make people go buy more Samsung batteries is if they had a 'premium' higher capacity version and sold it for a higher price. People would fall over themselves to buy it and Samsung would make a killing. Since they have never done this, I suspect it's highly likely that although it may be possible to squeeze a bit more out of the same size, the methods in doing so mean the battery is less stable, less reliable, and doesn't work for as long, as seen in all the batteries like this from Anker to MPJ.

Now what WOULD be interesting is a battery that is physically larger and takes up the space used by the water proofing. So you lose the waterproofing but gain a big chunk of battery power, now that I think IS possible, it just needs someone with the foresight to produce it. There are many people, myself included, who aren't the slightest bit interested in the waterproofing because we don't plan on dropping it down the toilet or into the bath every 5 minutes so would gladly sacrifice this for a nice bump in battery life.

I always buy extra batteries for my phones. Note 1, Note 2, S4, and now the S5.

I have yet to see a battery that was the same size as OEM and had higher capacity. Anker had one that I tried that had I think 100ma higher capacity, but when I placed the battery in my phone it was a tighter fit. So really in my books it was a bigger battery.

I am not saying its not possible to get higher capacity than OEM in a slim battery, but I have not come across a slim battery that met lofty claims yet. For this reason, I now tend to stick to an OEM battery as I can trust that it will operate in a predictable manner. Add in the waterproofing seal on the current S5, I would try my best to stick with a battery that maintains OEM dimensions.

staticinferno

Aug 20, 2011
Sorry for the thread necromancy!

I know this is blatant thread necromancy but the viewpoints left here are skewed at best.
I am what you would call a vaper. I work for a company that thrives on making and selling electronic cigarette juice. i also get to see how LI-ION Cells have evolved as LI-ION and LIPO cells are choice for our devices albeit more commonly in a tube cell form.
I have seen both 18650 and 26650 cell specs explode over the last year and to discount innovation and advancement in favor of an ideal that it will always be the same is rather preposterous. It all depends upon what is crammed into the housing. I have seen 2Ah 26650 cells with a 30a load rating and 6 months later here comes a 4.2Ah cell sporting 40a continuous with 60a 7 second pulse rating. I got to torture test these new cells as a daily vape as well as the old. The new cells were clearly head and shoulders above the old. Lipos are the same way. I have a cell pack in a 2s1p config that sports 4.2ah with a 65c/130c+ rating.
i'll spell the lipo bit out. A c rating in the lipo world can be used to find your ah rating. 65*4.2=273 continuous run amp load.
130*4.2=546 max pulse amp load.
the 2s1p stands for 1 pack of 2 cells wired in series for a nominal voltage of 7.4 (8.4 when fully charged.)
The point is the size of this pack is very small and packs a wallop compared to other lipo packs that have the same ratings but are larger in physical size. My pack however is top of the line from one of the most well known and reputable cell pack makers. The others are knock offs.

To cut it short perhaps the OEM LI-ION packs in our phones are the same way. Perhaps the OEM packs are of knock off make and the 4200mah packs that have been found are more efficient and of better quality. With the way phones are phasing out expandable storage in favor of "data hogging" cloud storage (which mind you opens you to risk of EXPENSIVE data overages) i would't be surprised to see our precious little phone companies like samsung and LG and others using cut corner tactics. Until i see actual usage and testing with results on a graph, i wouldn't pass judgement. You might just get your mind blown like i do just about every other day.

Technology is an ever evolving creature and it's simply FASCINATING to sit back and watch it all take new form and make our lives better.

again i apologize for the thread necromancy but there were key pieces of information missing with a mindset of bash the newcomer. For the price i'm game to try it for sure!
If i have offended anyone i apologize in advance and assure you that in no way am i out to cause any drama or hurt feelings.

As a matter of fact i'm off to study these mpj packs to see how people feel. Just might find myself a graph full of information as well!

Cheers!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I agree :good: :good: :good: