How to Fix the Nexus Available Storage Bug – XDA TV

Is your Nexus device only showing half of the available storage as it should? Many … more

Don’t Forget About Birthdays with Birthday Reminder

A person’s birthday is, without a doubt,one of the most important days in his … more

Don’t Fear Flashing with I Don’t Want You!

The XDA message boards are full of various modifications, with many of these helping … more

Quo Vadis, Open {Source, Standards, World}? w/ Jan Wildeboer – XDA:DevCon 2014

Open Source was a big topic at this years XDA:DevCon … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] [SOLVED]Phone not connecting to Samsung KIES because of F2FS file system?

OP Clyde.D

1st May 2014, 04:19 PM   |  #1  
Clyde.D's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
42 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
I'm on Cosmic CM ROM with F2FS file system on my phone. Phone is working smooth but just that I had backed up my data with KIES which I cannot connect to after installing the ROM.

Phone connects properly to the PC but not to KIES. I tried the KIES troubleshooting connection but didnt work either.
Please help. Thanks
Last edited by Clyde.D; 1st May 2014 at 05:13 PM. Reason: solved
1st May 2014, 04:45 PM   |  #2  
Member
Flag Shimla
Thanks Meter: 6
 
41 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyde.D

I'm on Cosmic CM ROM with F2FS file system on my phone. Phone is working smooth but just that I had backed up my data with KIES which I cannot connect to after installing the ROM.

Phone connects properly to the PC but not to KIES. I tried the KIES troubleshooting connection but didnt work either.
Please help. Thanks

I think it is impossible to connect with kies with custom roms it only supports stock roms
The Following User Says Thank You to freakynexx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st May 2014, 05:07 PM   |  #3  
Clyde.D's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
42 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakynexx

I think it is impossible to connect with kies with custom roms it only supports stock roms

Tragedy on my side then. I searched over the net for this and got the same answer that KIES doesn't recognize Custom ROMs. So, I have lost my backed up data then
2nd May 2014, 07:45 PM   |  #4  
doctor_droid's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Indore
Thanks Meter: 1,856
 
4,268 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyde.D


Tragedy on my side then. I searched over the net for this and got the same answer that KIES doesn't recognize Custom ROMs. So, I have lost my backed up data then

Only option is revert back to stock..restore data... Backup data in a much more restorable form ...
U didnt lost ur backed up data u cant just restore it...
Btw what is the extesion of backed up file in kies? :/
3rd May 2014, 11:42 AM   |  #5  
Clyde.D's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
42 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor_droid

Only option is revert back to stock..restore data... Backup data in a much more restorable form ...
U didnt lost ur backed up data u cant just restore it...
Btw what is the extesion of backed up file in kies? :/

I know that I haven't lost the data as it still resides on my PC. The extensions of the files are as below:
Configuration.bk
applications files are with .apk so i wonder if it will install the fresh app from playstore and not in the actual state when I had taken the backup.
One good thing about the backup is that music files are in .mp3 and photos are in .png or .jpeg which is cool.
So, just cannot restore the apps then and the SMemo files
3rd May 2014, 07:55 PM   |  #6  
shanbhagatul's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Margao
Thanks Meter: 139
 
386 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyde.D

I know that I haven't lost the data as it still resides on my PC. The extensions of the files are as below:
Configuration.bk
applications files are with .apk so i wonder if it will install the fresh app from playstore and not in the actual state when I had taken the backup.
One good thing about the backup is that music files are in .mp3 and photos are in .png or .jpeg which is cool.
So, just cannot restore the apps then and the SMemo files

you could have used titanium backup you know
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes