Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,143 Members 54,615 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [SOLVED]Phone not connecting to Samsung KIES because of F2FS file system?

Tip us?

Clyde.D
Old
(Last edited by Clyde.D; 1st May 2014 at 04:13 PM.) Reason: solved
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] [SOLVED]Phone not connecting to Samsung KIES because of F2FS file system?

I'm on Cosmic CM ROM with F2FS file system on my phone. Phone is working smooth but just that I had backed up my data with KIES which I cannot connect to after installing the ROM.

Phone connects properly to the PC but not to KIES. I tried the KIES troubleshooting connection but didnt work either.
Please help. Thanks

freakynexx
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyde.D View Post
I'm on Cosmic CM ROM with F2FS file system on my phone. Phone is working smooth but just that I had backed up my data with KIES which I cannot connect to after installing the ROM.

Phone connects properly to the PC but not to KIES. I tried the KIES troubleshooting connection but didnt work either.
Please help. Thanks
I think it is impossible to connect with kies with custom roms it only supports stock roms
The Following User Says Thank You to freakynexx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Clyde.D
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakynexx View Post
I think it is impossible to connect with kies with custom roms it only supports stock roms
Tragedy on my side then. I searched over the net for this and got the same answer that KIES doesn't recognize Custom ROMs. So, I have lost my backed up data then

doctor_droid
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,758
Quote:

Tragedy on my side then. I searched over the net for this and got the same answer that KIES doesn't recognize Custom ROMs. So, I have lost my backed up data then
Only option is revert back to stock..restore data... Backup data in a much more restorable form ...
U didnt lost ur backed up data u cant just restore it...
Btw what is the extesion of backed up file in kies? :/
Nokia 1100 > Nokia 6600 > Nokia N72 > Nokia n95 > Nokia N86 > Htc Touch > Xperia U > Galaxy S2Plus > Galaxy S2 > Galaxy Grand Duos > NEXUS 5

Feel FREE to pm me in case u need technical support (not developer level ) or want any suggestion.

Clyde.D
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor_droid View Post
Only option is revert back to stock..restore data... Backup data in a much more restorable form ...
U didnt lost ur backed up data u cant just restore it...
Btw what is the extesion of backed up file in kies? :/
I know that I haven't lost the data as it still resides on my PC. The extensions of the files are as below:
Configuration.bk
applications files are with .apk so i wonder if it will install the fresh app from playstore and not in the actual state when I had taken the backup.
One good thing about the backup is that music files are in .mp3 and photos are in .png or .jpeg which is cool.
So, just cannot restore the apps then and the SMemo files

shanbhagatul
Old
Thanks Meter 138
Quote:
I know that I haven't lost the data as it still resides on my PC. The extensions of the files are as below:
Configuration.bk
applications files are with .apk so i wonder if it will install the fresh app from playstore and not in the actual state when I had taken the backup.
One good thing about the backup is that music files are in .mp3 and photos are in .png or .jpeg which is cool.
So, just cannot restore the apps then and the SMemo files
you could have used titanium backup you know