Originally Posted by n1mogs
new to this forum and before continuing i will say to admins and moderators i have read the rules but i do appolgise if this question has previously been asked and answered but i have looked everywhere to answer this question through out the net and here but just cant seem to find the answer i look for for this tablet..?
My question is probably simple to some..
basically i have had a galaxy tab 2 7" GT-P3110 for some time now and i rooted it awhile ago with out any problems..
now after awhile i have now decided i want to update the tablet.. to the latest firmware. now we all know that we cant do this simple because it says device status custom or modified..
so i have tried many things now and the devise is reset but still on custom..
can anyone please tell me the way to basically reset this so i can update it?
i have unrooted it via supersu and reset it via factory reset..
i have tried to update via kies but no joy..
i have downloaded odin but have not got a clue where to get a official firmware.. and not sure if im doing it the right way or heading the right way.. can anyone help ?
Follow these steps :
1) First download Samsung firmware from GT-P3110 Firmware
2) Download the P3110 firmware based on your region or from any region but you need to wipe/cache reset in case you are going to flash from the region you are not residing.
3) Extract the firmware using winrar,winzip or 7zip,you will get a files with tar.md5 extension..
4) Open odin,please see only these options are checked. Auto-reboot and F.Reset Time,,plese uncheck all other options.
5) click on PDA and select the firmware you have got after extraction
6) Now click on start.
7) you should get a message in the left bottom panel saying "Successful".
8) your tablet will restart.
9) switch it off by pressing Power off button
10) Now immediately press Power button+volume up button for few seconds until you see samsung boot logo and leave power button but keep on pressing volume up button until you see android logo i.e recovery mode.
11) Wipe factory reset from menu and restart.