Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,799 Members 47,737 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Restore Issue

Tip us?

bigbrown1135
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Restore Issue

Hi guys,

I recently rooted my phone and switched over to CM 10.1 for a little bit. I wanted to switch back to my rooted TouchWiz, but when I tried to restore it from my CWM restore something appears to have gone wrong. The phone will start up and I can get past the Samsung splash screen, but then it just sits on the AT&T globe screen indefinitely. Anyone have any ideas on what has happened or how to fix it? Thanks in advance!

michaelatrix
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Try flashing a touch wiz rom.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using XDA Free mobile app

bigbrown1135
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I ended up using a rooted TouchWiz rom and reloaded it using Odin. It was still booting and getting stuck on the AT&T splash screen so I booted into recovery mode and chose to factory reset/wipe data. After that it booted just fine.

Bajanman
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4734

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrown1135 View Post
I ended up using a rooted TouchWiz rom and reloaded it using Odin. It was still booting and getting stuck on the AT&T splash screen so I booted into recovery mode and chose to factory reset/wipe data. After that it booted just fine.
Good you figured it out on your own. Cuz that's what I was going to tell you to do.
Or just re flash the Rom again if it get stuck at the Samsung logo. In your case factory reset usually fixes most minor issues flashing Roms...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
I CAN'T PROMISE to fix all your problems but I CAN PROMISEyou won't face them alone.

Rom I'm using with zero issues...
[4.4.2]DN3 V5(Ditto Note 3)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bajanman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]