Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,382 Members 45,081 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can you ODIN flash to 4.3 from AOSP 4.4.2?

Tip us?

BJSerpas
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Can you ODIN flash to 4.3 from AOSP 4.4.2?

I flashed an AOSP 4.4.2 ROM a few weeks back, and I'm having a lot of issues with it. I would like to go back down to 4.3, but the backup I made doesn't work anymore. Would it be safe to ODIN flash a 4.3 image onto this device? If it is ,I should be able to use that to restore my backup afterwards, correct?

gregsarg
Old
Thanks Meter 3,511
Just flash the 4.3 stock rooted image from ZenArcade...

It's bone stock except for root...and it does not contain the knox bootloader...

Wipe device and flash in recovery....done....g

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
" There are Givers, and there are Takers. Be a Giver, and these things will come back to you. "......................g

And please, donate to your favorite developer...
Without them, we'd be writing on rocks with a stick...g

Bajanman
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4,944

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJSerpas View Post
I flashed an AOSP 4.4.2 ROM a few weeks back, and I'm having a lot of issues with it. I would like to go back down to 4.3, but the backup I made doesn't work anymore. Would it be safe to ODIN flash a 4.3 image onto this device? If it is ,I should be able to use that to restore my backup afterwards, correct?
If you flash back to stock 4.3 doesn't mean it's going to fix your back-up you perilously made. If the back up is failing then it's probably corrupted somehow...
Backups (nandroid) are usually done thru TWRP or CWM recovery if that's what your referring too...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
I CAN'T PROMISE to fix all your problems but I CAN PROMISEyou won't face them alone.

Rom
[4.4.2]DN5v2
FAQ

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bajanman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]