Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,540 Members 38,298 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help unlocking bootloader

Tip us?

pinktheater
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 204
Default [Q] Help unlocking bootloader

Hey guys, I finally got my phone!

I want to install a custom ROM but first I need to unlock the bootloader and I'm having a nightmare doing it. Is there an specific thread where I can ask for help with, since I didn't find any I created this one but feel free to delete it.

On the FAQ thread I found this:

"First you need to unlock your bootloader. To do that, go to http://www.htcdev.com/bootloader. On the supported devices list, choose "HTC One (M8)"

If I go there, i am able to get up to step #5, but when I enter the command "fastboot oem get_identifier_token" I get that "fastboot" is not a recognized command.

I've searched on Google, but all thread (or most of them) only point to old devices or another brands. I also tried to use a root toolkit, but everything takes to that #5 step.

What am I missing here?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Error fastboot.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	2723520  
It's not about recognition or the number of 'thanks' you receive. It's about the contribution you give to the community...

EddyOS
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinktheater View Post
Hey guys, I finally got my phone!

I want to install a custom ROM but first I need to unlock the bootloader and I'm having a nightmare doing it. Is there an specific thread where I can ask for help with, since I didn't find any I created this one but feel free to delete it.

On the FAQ thread I found this:

"First you need to unlock your bootloader. To do that, go to http://www.htcdev.com/bootloader. On the supported devices list, choose "HTC One (M8)"

If I go there, i am able to get up to step #5, but when I enter the command "fastboot oem get_identifier_token" I get that "fastboot" is not a recognized command.

I've searched on Google, but all thread (or most of them) only point to old devices or another brands. I also tried to use a root toolkit, but everything takes to that #5 step.

What am I missing here?
This will help you set up adb/fastboot in your System path, the rest is as you've already done...

http://www.redmondpie.com/how-to-set...dows-tutorial/
Google Nexus 5 D821 (Black) 32GB
ROM: Android 4.4.4 (KTU84P) | Bootloader: HHZ11K | Recovery: Stock | Radio: 2.0.50.1.16 | Kernel: Stock

OnePlus One A0001 (Sandstone Grey) 64GB *** AWAITING DELIVERY ***
ROM: CyanogenMod 11S (XNPH33R) | Bootloader: Stock | Recovery: Stock | Radio: Stock | Kernel: Stock

If you have a question, great - but DO NOT PM ME WITH IT!!! | [GUIDE] Return your EU M8 to 100% Stock (S-OFF Required) | [GUIDE] Return your OPO to 100% Stock
The Following User Says Thank You to EddyOS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pinktheater
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyOS View Post
This will help you set up adb/fastboot in your System path, the rest is as you've already done...

http://www.redmondpie.com/how-to-set...dows-tutorial/
Thanks mate! I finally did it, but damn it took a lot of work
It's not about recognition or the number of 'thanks' you receive. It's about the contribution you give to the community...

EddyOS
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinktheater View Post
Thanks mate! I finally did it, but damn it took a lot of work
If you now have adb in your system path you can run the commands in any location - makes life a LOT easier moving forward (and it applies to ALL Android devices)
Google Nexus 5 D821 (Black) 32GB
ROM: Android 4.4.4 (KTU84P) | Bootloader: HHZ11K | Recovery: Stock | Radio: 2.0.50.1.16 | Kernel: Stock

OnePlus One A0001 (Sandstone Grey) 64GB *** AWAITING DELIVERY ***
ROM: CyanogenMod 11S (XNPH33R) | Bootloader: Stock | Recovery: Stock | Radio: Stock | Kernel: Stock

If you have a question, great - but DO NOT PM ME WITH IT!!! | [GUIDE] Return your EU M8 to 100% Stock (S-OFF Required) | [GUIDE] Return your OPO to 100% Stock
The Following User Says Thank You to EddyOS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]