Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,106 Members 40,682 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Going from 4.0.3 to 4.4/4.3 performance

Tip us?

Gabe3
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] Going from 4.0.3 to 4.4/4.3 performance

I'm using the Virtuous Inquisition rom with android 4.0.3. if I go to a rom with 4.3 or 4.4 will performance increase or decrease? also, can I keep my settings and apps or do I have to start fresh?

thanks.

Sajito
Old
Thanks Meter 325
You will need to full wipe and reinstall everything again.
I've never used Virtuous Inquisition, so I don't know about performance, but latest 4.4 roms we have are really smooth. If you want to test, just make a backup of your current setup, then install any new. If you don't like it you can always restore to your old setup.
Though since most roms we have are based on cyanogenmod, most of them have a bug at the moment causing the system to freeze or maybe restart. Only 4.4 rom (which I know) which isn't affected by that is omnirom.

Gabe3
Old
(Last edited by Gabe3; 3rd May 2014 at 05:54 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajito View Post
You will need to full wipe and reinstall everything again.
I've never used Virtuous Inquisition, so I don't know about performance, but latest 4.4 roms we have are really smooth. If you want to test, just make a backup of your current setup, then install any new. If you don't like it you can always restore to your old setup.
Though since most roms we have are based on cyanogenmod, most of them have a bug at the moment causing the system to freeze or maybe restart. Only 4.4 rom (which I know) which isn't affected by that is omnirom.
thanks. i may try that rom then since I need stability. why dont other roms like this one mention freezing under the bugs?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2530073

Sajito
Old
Thanks Meter 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe3 View Post
thanks. i may try that rom then since I need stability. why dont other roms like this one mention freezing under the bugs?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2530073
It's an upstream bug from cyanogenmod itself and I think they list mostly bugs which they can fix. We still hope that cm is going to fix that soon.

Gabe3
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajito View Post
It's an upstream bug from cyanogenmod itself and I think they list mostly bugs which they can fix. We still hope that cm is going to fix that soon.
how does omnirom compare to cyanogenmod besides the freezing bug. is one faster than the other? why would anyone use cm over omnirom? thanks.

Sajito
Old
Thanks Meter 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe3 View Post
how does omnirom compare to cyanogenmod besides the freezing bug. is one faster than the other? why would anyone use cm over omnirom? thanks.
Well both are based on aosp, so I don't think there is a big difference in performance. Cyanogenmod has more settings than omnirom, but I think differences are not that big. There are some settings only the one rom or the other has, so I think you should just try.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sajito For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]