Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,145 Members 41,900 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How long to charge Z2 when I get it?

Tip us?

itani15
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default How long to charge Z2 when I get it?

How long do I charge my Z2 when I get it for the very first time on Tuesday? Do I keep it on there for 24 hours? And how long should I discharge it for? Till it's empty? Want to make the most out of my battery in the long run.

Jackos
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 445
The manual states 30 minutes charging before first use. The battery is Li-Ion so no need to care about how you use it.

From my experience only leaving Li-Ion battery for long time discharged might get you in trouble.
Read my reviews and editorials at ION!
"From my experience - it looks like the most popular ROMs have the worst memory management " - ultrashot

Primary: Sony Xperia Z2 D6503

Sold: Samsung Galaxy S III I9300, HTC Sensation Z710e, HTC Touch Pro2 T7373 (Sold to Skrobel)

Haswell RIG: MSI Z87 MPOWER; Intel Core i7-4770K; Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133Mhz CL11 16GB; 2x EVGA GeForce GTX 760 SC ACX w/ backplate SLI; Intel SSD 530 180GB; 2x WDC Black 3TB RAID0; 3x WDC Black 1TB RAID5; CHIEFTEC BPS-750C2; Fractal Design Define R3 w/ USB3; Logitech Performance Mouse MX + Wireless Illuminated Keyboard K800; Samsung PX2370; Windows 8.1 RTM Genuine

ali_jiwa
Old
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
i would go for 6-8 hours for first charge

feis
Old
Thanks Meter 91
To be honest there are many different opinions on this, and i dont believe in single 1 of them lol. I had many smartphones till now, and never did these fullcharge or discharge thingies, and never had worse battery life than it should be. But thats just my opinion. Oh and i read somewhere that its actually bad to completely discharge, as it may shorten its lifetime over time.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk 2

Jackos
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by feis View Post
To be honest there are many different opinions on this, and i dont believe in single 1 of them lol. I had many smartphones till now, and never did these fullcharge or discharge thingies, and never had worse battery life than it should be. But thats just my opinion. Oh and i read somewhere that its actually bad to completely discharge, as it may shorten its lifetime over time.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk 2
I agree with that statement.
Read my reviews and editorials at ION!
"From my experience - it looks like the most popular ROMs have the worst memory management " - ultrashot

Primary: Sony Xperia Z2 D6503

Sold: Samsung Galaxy S III I9300, HTC Sensation Z710e, HTC Touch Pro2 T7373 (Sold to Skrobel)

Haswell RIG: MSI Z87 MPOWER; Intel Core i7-4770K; Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133Mhz CL11 16GB; 2x EVGA GeForce GTX 760 SC ACX w/ backplate SLI; Intel SSD 530 180GB; 2x WDC Black 3TB RAID0; 3x WDC Black 1TB RAID5; CHIEFTEC BPS-750C2; Fractal Design Define R3 w/ USB3; Logitech Performance Mouse MX + Wireless Illuminated Keyboard K800; Samsung PX2370; Windows 8.1 RTM Genuine

itani15
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
So do you think I should only charge it for one hour and that's it? When should I put it on charger again? 10%?

Xernoxis
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by itani15 View Post
So do you think I should only charge it for one hour and that's it? When should I put it on charger again? 10%?
It doesn't matter. Battery is pretty modern and not like the old phones. Charge how you like. Even when you fullcharge you can leave the charger in because it stops charging at 100%.

BanziBaby
Old
Thanks Meter 65
I charged mine for about 2 hours before powering it on to make sure it was 100% full, lithium ion batteries are not designed to be fully discharged then recharged, doing that just makes the battery life worse.

itani15
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Good to know because it was tedious. Thanks guys