How long to charge Z2 when I get it?

OP itani15

3rd May 2014, 06:44 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

10 posts
How long do I charge my Z2 when I get it for the very first time on Tuesday? Do I keep it on there for 24 hours? And how long should I discharge it for? Till it's empty? Want to make the most out of my battery in the long run.
3rd May 2014, 07:02 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Developer
Flag Breslau
Thanks Meter: 528

3,633 posts
More
The manual states 30 minutes charging before first use. The battery is Li-Ion so no need to care about how you use it.

From my experience only leaving Li-Ion battery for long time discharged might get you in trouble.
3rd May 2014, 07:03 PM   |  #3  
Flag Leicester, UK
Thanks Meter: 3

25 posts
Donate to Me
More
i would go for 6-8 hours for first charge
3rd May 2014, 07:03 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 93

335 posts
To be honest there are many different opinions on this, and i dont believe in single 1 of them lol. I had many smartphones till now, and never did these fullcharge or discharge thingies, and never had worse battery life than it should be. But thats just my opinion. Oh and i read somewhere that its actually bad to completely discharge, as it may shorten its lifetime over time.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk 2
3rd May 2014, 07:08 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Developer
Flag Breslau
Thanks Meter: 528

3,633 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by feis

To be honest there are many different opinions on this, and i dont believe in single 1 of them lol. I had many smartphones till now, and never did these fullcharge or discharge thingies, and never had worse battery life than it should be. But thats just my opinion. Oh and i read somewhere that its actually bad to completely discharge, as it may shorten its lifetime over time.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk 2

I agree with that statement.
3rd May 2014, 07:35 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
So do you think I should only charge it for one hour and that's it? When should I put it on charger again? 10%?
3rd May 2014, 07:41 PM   |  #7  
Flag Akershus
Thanks Meter: 23

160 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by itani15

So do you think I should only charge it for one hour and that's it? When should I put it on charger again? 10%?

It doesn't matter. Battery is pretty modern and not like the old phones. Charge how you like. Even when you fullcharge you can leave the charger in because it stops charging at 100%.
3rd May 2014, 07:59 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 73

327 posts
I charged mine for about 2 hours before powering it on to make sure it was 100% full, lithium ion batteries are not designed to be fully discharged then recharged, doing that just makes the battery life worse.
3rd May 2014, 08:19 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
Good to know because it was tedious. Thanks guys

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread