Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Clean Your Recent Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

In this day and age, you have quite a few apps installed and running on your Android … more

Android Studio Reaches Release Candidate Status

Android app developers have a few options when comes to Android IDEs. One of the most … more

Connect ALL THE THINGS with Xender

Smartphones, with all of their all connectivity options courtesy of OEMs, can easily connect themselves … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

HTC One X won't accept sim unlock code

OP trojanere

3rd February 2014, 10:20 AM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

24 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by big noob

Flash the lastest upgrade..4.2.2 Sense 5..

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

My phone has this stock Rom already on it.. I would have to try putting another stock Rom on it. It it possible to put a standard unbranded stock Rom on it instead of HG3?
3rd February 2014, 04:56 PM   |  #12  
Flag Classified
Thanks Meter: 89

456 posts
More
As far as I know ofcourse you can
8th February 2014, 07:11 PM   |  #13  
OP Junior Member

24 posts
More
OK I have put another H3G stock rom on and this does not work either.

After looking into this further I have found somewhere that if the phone is a replacement one or something was changed from manufacturer and providers with regards to databases for unlock codes then the one provided may not work.

Well my phone went into the service centre and they fixed it but stated after testing they decided to change the mainboard. I suspect because it was originally a CID 1111111 with S-OFF(unbranded as HTC described it) as it was delivered first day they came out. Rush job to get to market and didn't get branded to H3G_001 and S-ON I suppose.

Anyway I suspect that because the main board has been changed the the unlock code has also changed and not been documented or changed on the database for the codes. So they are providing me with the original code not the new one and the letter for the fix state IMEI code previous and new the same, so they must have just reprogrammed that and forgot about the unlock code.

Is there a way to read these off the phone, NVR or something?
10th February 2014, 04:27 PM   |  #14  
Flag london
Thanks Meter: 9

171 posts
More
I am with Orange or EE and I have tried to flash a stock rom with stock recovery and relocked bootloader and nothing has worked. I have paid 2 companies for the unlock code which is the same code and nothing works I am so frustrated might have to leave htc. This is ridiculous I am on 3.16.61 and my cid is orang001
10th February 2014, 06:16 PM   |  #15  
OP Junior Member

24 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted dibiase

I am with Orange or EE and I have tried to flash a stock rom with stock recovery and relocked bootloader and nothing has worked. I have paid 2 companies for the unlock code which is the same code and nothing works I am so frustrated might have to leave htc. This is ridiculous I am on 3.16.61 and my cid is orang001

I'm going elsewhere on my next phone too. HTC support use the bootloader unlock as a get out of jail free card.
3rd May 2014, 08:23 PM   |  #16  

23 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trojanere

I'm going elsewhere on my next phone too. HTC support use the bootloader unlock as a get out of jail free card.

Just to kick this up I've had the exact same problem (this time with t-mobile) 3 companies and EE all with the same code, all refused by the phone.

Heart breaking really.

Is there no hardware method to get the code or an alternative sim unlock out there?
3rd May 2014, 09:44 PM   |  #17  
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 599

1,955 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cueballkrill

Just to kick this up I've had the exact same problem (this time with t-mobile) 3 companies and EE all with the same code, all refused by the phone.

Heart breaking really.

Is there no hardware method to get the code or an alternative sim unlock out there?

ask the t-mobile

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread