Loved the phone hated the Network....

2nd May 2014, 05:12 AM   |  #31  
OP Senior Member
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 177

818 posts
More
I really do hope Sprint can make a turn around. I stayed and waited for years but I just couldnt do it any longer. With T-Mobile im constantly getting 30+ Mbps throughout the city. I honestly dont need to connect to my home or work wifi anymore. Alot of the time my phones LTE will outperform my 30meg home internet!
2nd May 2014, 08:38 AM   |  #32  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag Central Florida
Thanks Meter: 4,521

6,772 posts
Donate to Me
More
Dropped calls and useless 3G I understand, but complaining about 8mbps? I'm curious to hear of anything that requires more than 4mbps

Sent from my 831C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xHausx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd May 2014, 11:49 AM   |  #33  
Flag Whittier,CA
Thanks Meter: 5,770

15,523 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhe12

Good for you!

This is what I get on Sprint:

Attachment 2696415

Sent from my 831C using xda app-developers app

What city do you live in? I have been on the T-Mobile $70 unlimited everything plan with my M7 (I SIM unlocked and supercid-ed an AT&T device) and I am about to upgrade one of my Sprint lines to the M8 (maybe the H/K since the timing is right) but I am dead center of a Spark area with the map showing it 5 miles minimum in every direction but are a lot of people seeing those fast data speeds because I happened to test L.A. servers from Brea/Anaheim California area as well as the new Fullerton and Irvine servers and my flat $70 T-Mo plan is blazing lately. I don't care if Sprint is half as fast but I hope that those in the North Orange County area are getting solid LTE at least. Anyone out there in the Brea, Yorba Linda, Anaheim area? The map I saw was solid yellow and all of my old Sprint devices received texts about big network improvements..unfortunately on my 2 Evo LTE's, a Galaxy Nexus, S4 (briefly) and other devices marketed on LTE I honestly got LTE ONCE and it lasted 2 blocks. I just want a Sprint device in my hand with solid LTE. Now according to their maps I am dead center of a Fast/Turbo area....

Sent from my HTC One using Xparent Gray Tapatalk 2
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1399026970794.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	2721148   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1399026994996.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	2721150   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1399027792879.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	2721156  
2nd May 2014, 02:30 PM   |  #34  
Thanks Meter: 201

355 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xHausx

Dropped calls and useless 3G I understand, but complaining about 8mbps? I'm curious to hear of anything that requires more than 4mbps

I don't believe my post indicated I was complaining, I also quoted a post about sprint stepping up in Wisconsin where I am. If you see my history I have no complaints with the m8 or Sprint ATM.

Just wanted to clear that up, but it seems there are only complaint threads about the same thing to interact in as of late. Just my two cents.

Sent from my Sprint M8 Running the latest Viper
2nd May 2014, 04:32 PM   |  #35  
Thanks Meter: 23

88 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCorleone

What city do you live in? I have been on the T-Mobile $70 unlimited everything plan with my M7 (I SIM unlocked and supercid-ed an AT&T device) and I am about to upgrade one of my Sprint lines to the M8 (maybe the H/K since the timing is right) but I am dead center of a Spark area with the map showing it 5 miles minimum in every direction but are a lot of people seeing those fast data speeds because I happened to test L.A. servers from Brea/Anaheim California area as well as the new Fullerton and Irvine servers and my flat $70 T-Mo plan is blazing lately. I don't care if Sprint is half as fast but I hope that those in the North Orange County area are getting solid LTE at least. Anyone out there in the Brea, Yorba Linda, Anaheim area? The map I saw was solid yellow and all of my old Sprint devices received texts about big network improvements..unfortunately on my 2 Evo LTE's, a Galaxy Nexus, S4 (briefly) and other devices marketed on LTE I honestly got LTE ONCE and it lasted 2 blocks. I just want a Sprint device in my hand with solid LTE. Now according to their maps I am dead center of a Fast/Turbo area....

Sent from my HTC One using Xparent Gray Tapatalk 2

I'm northwest of where you are, SFV.
3rd May 2014, 02:58 AM   |  #36  
OP Senior Member
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 177

818 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xHausx

Well honestly I would have been satisfied with a solid 8Mbps the problem was LTE was extremely spotty and scarce. Its not that anything over 8mbps is necessary its the luxury of having it. Why settle for 8 when you can get 30+ for the same price or less? Besides being on Sprints 3G while trying to do anything is seriously frustrating lol. Like I said im pulling for Sprint! I was a long time supporter and waited patiently for years. I told myself if the network wasnt up to par by the time my contract was up I was going to walk. Needless to say I walked...
3rd May 2014, 09:18 PM   |  #37  
Thanks Meter: 5

161 posts
I'm in the Phoenix area and LTE is extremely spotty. I didn't even start seeing LTE service until a couple months ago but the service is not up to par. My signal constantly degrades and I don't get LTE at my house which is crazy since I live in one of the fastest growing cities in the country which is also a suburb of Phoenix. I'm still using an EVO LTE and will give Sprint until the G3 launches to improve their network in my area, otherwise I'll have to switch to Tmobile. I have a 25% off discount with Sprint and love the unlimited data but their network is by far the poorest in my area.

Off topic I'm waiting for the G3 as the M8 just doesn't do it for me which is a shame since I've been using HTC phones for 4 years now. I'm sure it's a good phone but it doesn't wow me like I want. G3 may do that and I recently purchased a 60 inch LG LED and love it and have heard great things about the G2.

Sent from my EVO using XDA Free mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread