Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Locked phone and I don't know the email !

OP Dorian995

27th April 2014, 06:23 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Hello.
My brother locked my HTC Desire HD by entering the wrong pattern.
Now I have to sing in with my mail but I can't remember what mail was it.
Is there a way to check what mail is registered or just backup my contacts and than, I'll do a factory reset ?
NOTE: USB-Debugging is disabled and when I concect the phone to the PC it says Charge Only.
If' there's a way to root it with download mode or turn debuging mode on or backup contacts or find the registered E-Mail, please tell me because I have 1000+ contacts and they're not backed up on Google.
Thanks in advance.
27th April 2014, 07:56 PM   |  #2  
mickeyasamoah's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Accra
Thanks Meter: 167
 
749 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian995

Hello.
My brother locked my HTC Desire HD by entering the wrong pattern.
Now I have to sing in with my mail but I can't remember what mail was it.
Is there a way to check what mail is registered or just backup my contacts and than, I'll do a factory reset ?
NOTE: USB-Debugging is disabled and when I concect the phone to the PC it says Charge Only.
If' there's a way to root it with download mode or turn debuging mode on or backup contacts or find the registered E-Mail, please tell me because I have 1000+ contacts and they're not backed up on Google.
Thanks in advance.

If you synchronized ur contacts with google, then after a reset,your contacts would be sent right back to your device after signing in with that acount. If you dont remember that account then am afraid you are going to loose em.

I havent heard of a way to enable USB Debugging remotely. It can only be enabled from the device.
27th April 2014, 08:10 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyasamoah

If you synchronized ur contacts with google, then after a reset,your contacts would be sent right back to your device after signing in with that acount. If you dont remember that account then am afraid you are going to loose em.

I havent heard of a way to enable USB Debugging remotely. It can only be enabled from the device.

I can't remember what account I used. If I knew i could reset my password or install Lock Bypass from my PC on Play Store but I don't know it.
I can't afford to lose those contacts :/
27th April 2014, 08:28 PM   |  #4  
mickeyasamoah's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Accra
Thanks Meter: 167
 
749 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian995

I can't remember what account I used. If I knew i could reset my password or install Lock Bypass from my PC on Play Store but I don't know it.
I can't afford to lose those contacts :/

Then your options are really limited. Unless....
This is going to be difficult as i havent tried it before but it might be possible.
What i would want you to do is flash a custom recovery and back up ur rom. Then send the file onto ur pc and extract the backup. And go through the data part, since your conacts are held by an apk called contacts storage.
I havent tried it before.
But it might work
30th April 2014, 06:04 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyasamoah

Then your options are really limited. Unless....
This is going to be difficult as i havent tried it before but it might be possible.
What i would want you to do is flash a custom recovery and back up ur rom. Then send the file onto ur pc and extract the backup. And go through the data part, since your conacts are held by an apk called contacts storage.
I havent tried it before.
But it might work

I can't access my phone because it's not rooted and usb debuging is disabled so I can't put a custom recovery :/
Last edited by Dorian995; 30th April 2014 at 06:14 PM.
1st May 2014, 11:31 AM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Flag Dortmund
Thanks Meter: 243
 
336 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
Thumbs up Don't get Panic...
After reading all the conversation, what i was thinking is that, If you're not rooted then you must be on Android OS 2.3.5(last update) or lower. So you can do either login into all your Gmail accounts One by One and check which accounts has contacts sync with number which you were expecting not to loose. If you find that one then just click "Forget Password" on your device. They'll sent reset password to your account or else last option Hard Reset.

Where i found: http://everydaylife.globalpost.com/u...pts-34229.html

I think your answer lies somewhere on above link so try it. let us know.
3rd May 2014, 10:30 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.patron99

After reading all the conversation, what i was thinking is that, If you're not rooted then you must be on Android OS 2.3.5(last update) or lower. So you can do either login into all your Gmail accounts One by One and check which accounts has contacts sync with number which you were expecting not to loose. If you find that one then just click "Forget Password" on your device. They'll sent reset password to your account or else last option Hard Reset.


I think your answer lies somewhere on above link so try it. let us know.

I tried all the mails I can remember but non of the works :/
It doesn't give me a "forgot password" option :/
None on the methods in that link worked...
I'll try to do something with Android SDK and terminal when I put the phone in Fastboot mode because it's the only way that my PC recognizes my phone...
I'll let you know what I've done

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes