Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,823 Members 42,542 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

No binary

Tip us?

joelstickler
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default No binary

So here is my situation.
I have the s4 with Verizon add my carrier. While it was still running 4.3 i rooted it. Then I obtained the pro version of supersu which comes with a root saver option which I took advantage of. I then updated to 4.4.2 and these are my results.
When opening supersu I get a message saying that they is no binary and when using root checker it says it is not properly rooted.
However there was a new program included with the ota update (lsis mobile wallet) that when opened says "this program does not work with rooted phones". Another odd thing is that I use tasker and one of the features that you are supposedly not able to use without root is turning on GPS. However before I updated I set up a profile that opened up GPS any time I turned on a program that required it. Now after the ota update it is still working.
Any suggestions as to how I can repair my root accesses?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

LS.xD
Old
Thanks Meter 585

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelstickler View Post
So here is my situation.
I have the s4 with Verizon add my carrier. While it was still running 4.3 i rooted it. Then I obtained the pro version of supersu which comes with a root saver option which I took advantage of. I then updated to 4.4.2 and these are my results.
When opening supersu I get a message saying that they is no binary and when using root checker it says it is not properly rooted.
However there was a new program included with the ota update (lsis mobile wallet) that when opened says "this program does not work with rooted phones". Another odd thing is that I use tasker and one of the features that you are supposedly not able to use without root is turning on GPS. However before I updated I set up a profile that opened up GPS any time I turned on a program that required it. Now after the ota update it is still working.
Any suggestions as to how I can repair my root accesses?

OTA + root = (The survival feature is NOT guaranteed to work especially on stock roms)

I suppose you have no working custom recovery installed?
HTC One S @ PAC-man 4.4.2 [ALPHA1] [12/5/2014] + IceCode Kernel v4.0 // HBoot 2.15 - unlocked BL - S-OFF - NO "tampered & warning text" // TWRP mod 2.7.0.8

Samsung Galaxy W @ ParanoidAndroid 4.3 [BETA3] [6/5/2014] + KhaN Kernel v2.0 // Base: I8150XXLMI // PhilZ CWM 6.01.4

"REVIVED" HTC Wildfire S @ CyanogenMod 11(AWESOME!!!) [6/5/2014] //HBoot 1.09 - unlocked BL // TWRP 2.7.0.0

It won't hurt you to press "thanks" if me or someone other helped you...

joelstickler
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
The thing I don't understand is why I still have root abilities and why the one program is saying it won't work because of root on the phone

LS.xD
Old
Thanks Meter 585

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelstickler View Post
The thing I don't understand is why I still have root abilities and why the one program is saying it won't work because of root on the phone

You still have root access? Then just re-root using SuperSU...

As you're rooted you can install xposed frame work + the module "root cloak" to hide your root status and run apps blocked by root
HTC One S @ PAC-man 4.4.2 [ALPHA1] [12/5/2014] + IceCode Kernel v4.0 // HBoot 2.15 - unlocked BL - S-OFF - NO "tampered & warning text" // TWRP mod 2.7.0.8

Samsung Galaxy W @ ParanoidAndroid 4.3 [BETA3] [6/5/2014] + KhaN Kernel v2.0 // Base: I8150XXLMI // PhilZ CWM 6.01.4

"REVIVED" HTC Wildfire S @ CyanogenMod 11(AWESOME!!!) [6/5/2014] //HBoot 1.09 - unlocked BL // TWRP 2.7.0.0

It won't hurt you to press "thanks" if me or someone other helped you...

joelstickler
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks