Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,302 Members 49,668 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Where from get note 2014 in UK?

Tip us?

seventhworl
Old
(Last edited by seventhworl; 1st May 2014 at 09:28 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Default [Q] Where from get note 2014 in UK?

Hi guys, planning to buy one in near future and was wondering where is good place to buy online? Was looking at amazon (32gb WiFi, in black) but seems that 4g version is for same price or little higher then WiFi? Why? Also I am not sure about warranty...

Thanks for your time.
Press Thanks if I helped
-|- DEVICE: MK16i, IYOKAN, BB: 77 -|- KERNEL: Depending on Rom... -|- ROM: ... -|-
---Thanks to developers and people who are helpfull and willing to share their knowledge!!!---

22sl22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1837

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by seventhworl View Post
Hi guys, planning to buy one in near future and was wondering where is good place to buy online? Was looking at amazon (32gb WiFi, in black) but seems that 4g version is for same price or little higher then WiFi? Why? Also I am not sure about warranty...

Thanks for your time.
Why are you looking at 32gb? Just put a micro SD card in and your sorted. In regard to warranty, as long as its an original tablet your buying and not a fake it will have the normal Samsung Warranty.

4g version, P605 will cost more around 460.
WiFi only, around 400

Look around on ebay, amazon, they seem to be the cheapest right now. Should have got it around christmas when the prices went down for a bit, got mine for 300, brand new!

Press the thanks button if I helped you

AOSP FactoryMod Rom with HoloMirage: http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...ooted-t2771527

Note 2014 P600 KitKat Mirrors & Guide to Update+Root: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2719750

My Dev-Host Stuff: http://d-h.st/users/22sl22

Vanir Rom Modifications: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2454287
The Following User Says Thank You to 22sl22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

seventhworl
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22sl22 View Post
Why are you looking at 32gb? Just put a micro SD card in and your sorted. In regard to warranty, as long as its an original tablet your buying and not a fake it will have the normal Samsung Warranty.

4g version, P605 will cost more around 460.
WiFi only, around 400

Look around on ebay, amazon, they seem to be the cheapest right now. Should have got it around christmas when the prices went down for a bit, got mine for 300, brand new!
300 wow, great price, yeah I will check amazon from time to time, yeah 16gb would be enough. I might be wrong but is 605 still running on 4:3?

Ebay seems to be good source too but most of them are from us, do you think is a good idea to import one from there?
Press Thanks if I helped
-|- DEVICE: MK16i, IYOKAN, BB: 77 -|- KERNEL: Depending on Rom... -|- ROM: ... -|-
---Thanks to developers and people who are helpfull and willing to share their knowledge!!!---

flathunt
Old
(Last edited by flathunt; 2nd May 2014 at 12:05 PM.)
Thanks Meter 23
I got a 32Gb for just under 400 from Expansys, delivered next day - I went for 32Gb as I had a 16Gb with KitKat (which broke and was returned) and that 16Gb only left about 4Gb to play with after a few apps were installed. That will get you a couple of iPlayer downloads or Google Play movies at best and then you're stuffed. With KitKat the SDcard is just a dumping ground for media files, most apps won't let you download content onto it. I'm sure it can be fixed by rooting but life's too short for all that imo.

http://www.expansys.com/samsung-gala...-black-256018/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flathunt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Skinhead1967
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:

Thanks for your time.
I didn't want a 32Gb Wi-Fi version, as my tablet is to be used both home & away, so I was left with no option to go for the 4G/LTE version, which I couldn't get anywhere in the UK.

I therefore resorted to an import from HK, after much searching one of the best deals I found was from T-dimension and with insured delivery & VAT, it cost me 465. Of course it's a HK/Chinese machine, but I resolved that by downloading a firmware which was meant to be a BTU (UK) firmware, but in reality is a PHE (Spanish) one (I'd still like to find a way of changing the CSC code without rooting), but it works perfectly and it didn't trip KNOX either.
The Following User Says Thank You to Skinhead1967 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

seventhworl
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by flathunt View Post
I got a 32Gb for just under 400 from Expansys, delivered next day - I went for 32Gb as I had a 16Gb with KitKat (which broke and was returned) and that 16Gb only left about 4Gb to play with after a few apps were installed. That will get you a couple of iPlayer downloads or Google Play movies at best and then you're stuffed. With KitKat the SDcard is just a dumping ground for media files, most apps won't let you download content onto it. I'm sure it can be fixed by rooting but life's too short for all that imo.

http://www.expansys.com/samsung-gala...-black-256018/
thanks for info guys, I am not planning to root it until warranty is over anyway. I only want WiFi as I am planning to use threatening from my phone.

I was thinking about buying from expansys, just wondering do the provide warranty? Or tablet has manufacturer warranty? and how is their customer service as from what I read didnt sound very good?
Press Thanks if I helped

Skinhead1967
Old
(Last edited by Skinhead1967; 3rd May 2014 at 10:12 PM.)
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
thanks for info guys, I am not planning to root it until warranty is over anyway. I only want WiFi as I am planning to use threatening from my phone.

I was thinking about buying from expansys, just wondering do the provide warranty? Or tablet has manufacturer warranty? and how is their customer service as from what I read didnt sound very good?
Here's your answer: http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/englan...r_warranty.htm

Please note: If you live in Wales, Scotland or NI, you may need to use the drop down menu as it subtly alters your consumer rights.

The Following User Says Thank You to Skinhead1967 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]