Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,414 Members 53,782 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Migration from 4.3 to 4.4.2

Tip us?

antila
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Default [Q] Migration from 4.3 to 4.4.2

Hello!

For a long time I was not ready to migrate to 4.4.2 rom.

I know for sure my question not the first about this topic. So, please, forgive me and help me to find a link or help where I can migrate to KitiKat step-by-step? Also, I need it to do it with the Root and TWRP backup?

I'm really sorry, again and would be really appreciated for your help.

God bless you!

Also, what app is better to use for backup and restore to 4.4.2? Please, help me?

Thank you very much!

mikemq2003
Old
Thanks Meter 243
First of all it's nice to see you advancing into the new firmware. I was on the same boat as you are now and wasn't ready to move on. Hopefully I can help you in a way where it should be stress free. I do want to make you aware that once you go to 4.4.2 you can not go back to 4.3.

Before you begin make sure you have everything you want saved( music, photos, contacts, Etc) and save them to your sd card. *MY TIPS* It says to do a complete phone wipe, format blah blah blah. Just do a normal wipe as if you were flashing another rom. Once you wipe just go back to the main menu on twrp or cwm. Restart and restart to recovery. Make sure you do this once everything is downloaded and you are ready to go. The link provided is very easy to follow and you should have no issues. Have fun and hope this helps you out a bit. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Go to this link and download the files you will need and follow his instructions.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3&postcount=20

Hit THANKS if I helped in any way
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikemq2003 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]