Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,772 Members 51,959 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [XPERIA T] Incorrect % battery indicator [SOLVED]

Tip us?

Hekran
Old
(Last edited by Hekran; 31st May 2014 at 12:16 PM.) Reason: [SOLVED]
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Battery Full [Q] [XPERIA T] Incorrect % battery indicator [SOLVED]

Hi,

I have the Xperia T, my battery indicator % remain 100% after use, when i power off my device and turn on again the battery have a big fall (to 70-80% deppend of hours of use) and over time it turns to 100% without charge, its crazy. It happens in T_Hybrid_V17 but not happens from beggining of install the ROM... one day suddenly occurs...

My bootloader is locked, the phone is rooted and ROM is stock based with a CWM for locked bootloader.
Ok, I read about the problem, i have not the option of wipe battery stats in my CWM, i read about "battery calibration" and installed and followed instructions of apk "battery calibration", dont works for me... I manually do the same process... i deleted the batterystats.bin at 100% charge... let the device power off on discharge... charge again to 100% and let it discharge... it dont works for me...

Well... i think ok... there are a new ROM with another Kernel included... new CWM included in XDA I try to change from JB 4.1.2 to JB 4.3 Ultimate Pure XT 4.0... and later OTA 4.1 and 4.2 well, the problem changes... is similar but not same... I do it "the calibration" and try the same as past... the new problem is... battery 100% and after a lot of use maybe it drops in real time to... maybe 97% ok... power off and on... 76% I use the device the bateery lvl drops to 73% after time and still there, it dont go up to 100% this is the difference, but the battery dont drop in real time correctly I attach an image of battery graphic. What can i do? i read similar problems on other devices, like SGSII, that is solved with "wipe battery stats" in CWM but my new CWM included in Pure XT (touch Philz 6.X) still not having this option in advanced...

I have Xposed installed now, but not when problem begin, i dont know what more to do. The battery duration appears to be correct but the % is not real.

I search in XDA forums about it, i see "solutions" on other devices, I read and read, but dont work for me.

Sorry for my english, i hope that you can understand this.

EDIT: SOLVED
-------------------
The problem was a hardware issue. I leave it in a technichal assistance , and they repaired it in 2 weeks, a main board problem, new mainboard and new IMEI... solved.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-01-11-01-30.png
Views:	64
Size:	205.5 KB
ID:	2719203  

nlooooo
Old
Thanks Meter 608
Have you tried to wipe cache and dalvik from recovery?
PREVIOUS:
- iPhone 3g
- HTC Desire
- HTC Incredible S
- HTC Desire X
- BlackBerry 9800
- ZTE Grand X
- HTC Desire HD
- HTC Sensation
- Sony Xperia T

CURRENT:
- LG Optimus G E975

Hekran
Old
(Last edited by Hekran; 1st May 2014 at 01:13 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlooooo View Post
Have you tried to wipe cache and dalvik from recovery?
Yep. Everytime I installed/uptated ROM.
And when install a new ROM also made a "factory reset" from CWM. :/

nlooooo
Old
Thanks Meter 608
No, I thought to reboot to recovery now and clean just cache and dalvik cache.
PREVIOUS:
- iPhone 3g
- HTC Desire
- HTC Incredible S
- HTC Desire X
- BlackBerry 9800
- ZTE Grand X
- HTC Desire HD
- HTC Sensation
- Sony Xperia T

CURRENT:
- LG Optimus G E975

Hekran
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlooooo View Post
No, I thought to reboot to recovery now and clean just cache and dalvik cache.
I cleared dalvik and cache 3h ago, battery indicator not move. It is at 30% since then same problem

Hekran
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
No idea? im gona crazy wit this issue. Im searching in web but nothing helps :-/