Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,777 Members 41,887 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][4.0+]Swipes: App Launcher/Switcher

Tip us?

Acela1230
Old
(Last edited by Acela1230; 5th March 2014 at 09:15 AM.) Reason: add images
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 281
Default [APP][4.0+]Swipes: App Launcher/Switcher

Hello everyone. Swipes is my new app that replaces my old app Kakudo. I felt I should create a new thread because the app is 100% completely build from scratch and many of the features have been changed. As a thank you to everyone who supported Kakudo, if you had previously bought Kakudo Pro you get the entire complete unlock of Swipes for free. All you need to do is have Kakudo Pro installed on your device and Swipes will unlock for you.

Anyways here's what it does:
Swipes brings faster app switching and multitasking to Android. With Recent App Cards you can change between your recent apps with a single swipe from the edge of the screen faster than any other way. The Favorites drawer let's you add your favorite apps, toggles, actions, widgets, and shortcuts to have access to them anywhere and anytime while using your device. When upgraded you can create as many Favorite Lists as you please and with up to 8 different swipes you have easy access to all of them. With the Quick Launch feature you can add your most used app to have it 1 swipe away at anytime.
The free version includes access to the Left and Bottom Left Swipe areas for a total of 4 swipes. With a one time in-app purchase you can unlock the Right and Bottom Right Swipe areas for an additional 4 swipes. The free version also restricts favorite lists to Apps, Toggles, and Actions.

and why it's different:
Gives you 3 options for the side areas. Allows for multiple areas to be active at once. Multiple favorites lists. Faster app switching, instead of cycling through all your apps if you pass one you can go back and it's an easier motion to cycle through apps. Option to quick launch most used app. Recent App Cards look like they belong in android and not windows 8. Toggles indicate status.

I use this app everyday and the way I set it up is I have two favorite lists, one opens on the up swipe and the other opens on the down swipe. The regular swipe does recent apps cards. I mirror the functionality on the left and right swipe areas so no matter which hand I have my phone in, I don't have to reach across the screen with my thumb. One list contains the apps I use the most often including Chrome, Netflix, BubbleUPNP (for chromecasting), I put a brightness and toggle because I go in and out of the office frequently, I also put a direct call shortcut since I call work everyday when I am outside the office. My other favorite list has my morning routine apps in it so when I wake up I can quickly go through all the news and stuff.

Let me know how you end up using it and maybe I can add features to make it better.

Download here
The Following User Says Thank You to Acela1230 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

borrego
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Great Works. With both left and right bottom swipe area, plus diagonal side wide are the best upgrades from Kakudo!

I once experienced a crash (Swipes stopped) with the latest version of Dolphin Browser when doing diagonal wipe. But I cannot replicate the crash again so it could be a rare occurrence.

Highly Recommended!
The Following User Says Thank You to borrego For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Acela1230
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 281
It recently came to my attention that if you bought Kakudo Pro and download Swipes it may not work. I am working on fixing this but for now if you had previously bought Kakudo Pro you have to Uninstall it then install Swipes and open Swipes, then download Kakudo Pro and open Swipes. Everything works correctly if you do it this way. I am looking into why it might not work the other way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium HD app