Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,526 Members 50,126 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Could not install the system update 1.54.15409

Tip us?

spankyou
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Could not install the system update 1.54.15409

Every time I click update on my developer mode M8, it restarts automatically in the TWRP recovery mode. I have no choice but to reboot in recovery mode and the phone loads again asking me to update. Has anyone experience this? I am still on the stock ROM withe XPosed installer if that matters. Any suggestions will be appreciated, thank you!

jdk2
Old
Thanks Meter 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankyou View Post
Every time I click update on my developer mode M8, it restarts automatically in the TWRP recovery mode. I have no choice but to reboot in recovery mode and the phone loads again asking me to update. Has anyone experience this? I am still on the stock ROM withe XPosed installer if that matters. Any suggestions will be appreciated, thank you!
Do you have a TWRP backup? You could restore it in TWRP if so.
The Following User Says Thank You to jdk2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

spankyou
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdk2 View Post
Do you have a TWRP backup? You could restore it in TWRP if so.
I have a some of backups I created manually a couple of days ago but how would a restore of those backups update the system to 1.54.15409? Don't the phone still has to download the system update again?

SaHiLzZ
Old
Thanks Meter 411
You are asking for trouble trying to update on rooted, custom recovery and xposed framework installed..

Soff, Revert to stock, flash stock recovery, and then update

sent from my mobile device
The Following User Says Thank You to SaHiLzZ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

spankyou
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaHiLzZ View Post
You are asking for trouble trying to update on rooted, custom recovery and xposed framework installed..

Soff, Revert to stock, flash stock recovery, and then update

sent from my mobile device
Oh I see. In that case I'll just get one of the custom ROMs from here that will have the new system update. Thank you!

EddyOS
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3009
Phone has to be 100% stock, inc. the stock recovery and kernel, to flash an OTA file as it checks to make sure the phone is stock. ANY change to the original system and it'll fail
Google Nexus 5 D821 (Black) 32GB
ROM: Android 4.4.4 (KTU84P) | Bootloader: HHZ11K | Recovery: Stock | Radio: 2.0.50.1.16 | Kernel: Stock

If you have a question, great - but DO NOT PM ME WITH IT!!! | [GUIDE] Return your EU M8 to 100% Stock (S-OFF Required) | [GUIDE] Return your OPO to 100% Stock

BookOfRick
Old
(Last edited by BookOfRick; 3rd May 2014 at 07:42 PM.)
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyOS View Post
Phone has to be 100% stock, inc. the stock recovery and kernel, to flash an OTA file as it checks to make sure the phone is stock. ANY change to the original system and it'll fail
How can I get to stock? I can't find it anywhere but people saying to do it. (other than Sprint, but i have unlocked)

an0ther
Old
Thanks Meter 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookOfRick View Post
How can I get to stock? I can't find it anywhere but people saying to do it. (other than Sprint, but i have unlocked)
You have to have firmware that matches your hboot, and stock recovery. Doesn't matter if you are unlocked.