Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,934 Members 37,798 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How do I install a custom rom on the P76920H

Tip us?

Somebody123456
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] How do I install a custom rom on the P76920H

I want to update my P76920H phone from the current T-Mobile carrier state to a Kit Kat ROM. I've only done a root and a custom ROM install once on another phone, so I'm still new to this. There are so many links and so many different posts for different versions that I'm not sure what to click on. Can anyone post a link that I should follow?

xdrc45
Old
Thanks Meter 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody123456 View Post
I want to update my P76920H phone from the current T-Mobile carrier state to a Kit Kat ROM. I've only done a root and a custom ROM install once on another phone, so I'm still new to this. There are so many links and so many different posts for different versions that I'm not sure what to click on. Can anyone post a link that I should follow?
To update your L9 to a android 4.4 custom ROM you first need to unlock the bootloader. Look in the L9 general forum and there are a couple guides on how to do it. Be warned that Unlocking the bootloader on this phone is by no means a simple task and the success rate is very very low. It's believed that in the last year or so that LG has encrypted the bootloader which makes unlocking it pretty much impossible. If your still interested.. Read through the guides thoroughly and read them again. Make sure you have a complete understanding of what is required and all the necessary files and kdz before you begin.

You might also want to just look at rooting, installing a custom recovery and flashing a locked bootloader ROM. There's a couple stock modified ROMs and a CM9 ROM for locked bootloaders. You can find these in the L9 android development forum.
If you found my post Helpful Please click the Thank You Button!

Google Nexus 5 - Custom Rom - *Dirty Unicorns 4.4.3* - FrancoR53 - TWRP v2.7
LG Optimus L9 MS769 - *Kumakan 4.1.2* - Rooted - CWM - Locked BL
LG Motion 4G MS770 - Custom Rom - *CM 10*
HTC HD7 - WP - OS 7.8 - Custom Rom - *Deepshining* v8.1 Fully Unlocked
Samsung Admire - Custom Rom - *Open Android* v2.3.6
Huawei Ascend - M860 -Custom Rom - *CM 7.2*
Lenovo IdeaTab - A2109 - Custom Rom - *Paranoid/CM 10 Combo*
The Following User Says Thank You to xdrc45 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]