Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,967 Members 48,043 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Slow as hell!

Tip us?

falcon26
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default Slow as hell!

I picked up a used TF300 for my 10 year old nephew. Now I used to have a TF300 back a few years ago and it was great, fast reliable etc. Well I got the tablet and this is on a fresh install, this thing is slow as hell. It takes 10 seconds or so to open anything. It lags like crazy. That is with the default launcher as well as a custom launch like Apex or Nova. I did a reset and its the same. Its also on the latest official build 4.2.1 Is this supposed to be the way it is? Also when I try and run the unlocked tool it says it fails every time. It is the US version as well...

counterfeit187
Old
Thanks Meter 110
I have the same tablet, it could get pretty slow after a while. There are custom roms that may run a little faster; I use CyanogenMod on mine, and it is running KitKat Android 4.4

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Devices: SPH-L710 (d2spr/Galaxys3), Nexus 7 (grouper), Asus TF300T
KitKat

Remember to thank helpful posts. (:

cmendonc2
Old
Thanks Meter 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon26 View Post
I picked up a used TF300 for my 10 year old nephew. Now I used to have a TF300 back a few years ago and it was great, fast reliable etc. Well I got the tablet and this is on a fresh install, this thing is slow as hell. It takes 10 seconds or so to open anything. It lags like crazy. That is with the default launcher as well as a custom launch like Apex or Nova. I did a reset and its the same. Its also on the latest official build 4.2.1 Is this supposed to be the way it is? Also when I try and run the unlocked tool it says it fails every time. It is the US version as well...
Try calling Asus and asking them to put you device's serial number back into their database, and then try the unlock tool again.
My Devices:

[Retired] Nook Color (CM10)

LG Optimus Dynamic II L39C (Stock, rooted)

Asus Tf300t (CM11)

Transformers: Install NvFlash for JellyBean Transformer bootloader to become unbrickable HERE Guide: Here!
Wantfree phone and tablet accessories or Google Play gift cards? Go HERE