Slow as hell!

3rd May 2014, 10:55 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7

393 posts
More
I picked up a used TF300 for my 10 year old nephew. Now I used to have a TF300 back a few years ago and it was great, fast reliable etc. Well I got the tablet and this is on a fresh install, this thing is slow as hell. It takes 10 seconds or so to open anything. It lags like crazy. That is with the default launcher as well as a custom launch like Apex or Nova. I did a reset and its the same. Its also on the latest official build 4.2.1 Is this supposed to be the way it is? Also when I try and run the unlocked tool it says it fails every time. It is the US version as well...
3rd May 2014, 11:13 PM   |  #2  
Flag Wilmington
Thanks Meter: 110

512 posts
More
I have the same tablet, it could get pretty slow after a while. There are custom roms that may run a little faster; I use CyanogenMod on mine, and it is running KitKat Android 4.4

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
4th May 2014, 12:52 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 375

1,066 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon26

I picked up a used TF300 for my 10 year old nephew. Now I used to have a TF300 back a few years ago and it was great, fast reliable etc. Well I got the tablet and this is on a fresh install, this thing is slow as hell. It takes 10 seconds or so to open anything. It lags like crazy. That is with the default launcher as well as a custom launch like Apex or Nova. I did a reset and its the same. Its also on the latest official build 4.2.1 Is this supposed to be the way it is? Also when I try and run the unlocked tool it says it fails every time. It is the US version as well...

Try calling Asus and asking them to put you device's serial number back into their database, and then try the unlock tool again.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread