BOUNTY: $20.00 to whomever ports the stock Camera and Messaging app from sense to GPE

Search This thread

BrandonPrice31

Jan 12, 2012
BOUNTY: $20.00 to whomever ports the stock Camera and Messaging app from sense to GPE

Must be .apk's can can be downloaded on RUU GPE.

dvsk69

Aug 1, 2012
Sense camera is closely integrated with the Sense framework. Porting it to GPE is just not possible until HTC releases the specific drivers to run along with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BerndM14

Apr 8, 2014
What's up with these bounty's ? Some sort of new 2014 trend or something ? :eek:

Last night when I saw this thread I was thinking the exact same thing :cowboy: But...it's their money they can probably spend it any which way they choose on the things they feel are important for them :good:

GSLEON3

Retired Senior Moderator
Actually, it is possible. You would need to be rooted & you would need to write an exposed module to hook those app & direct the calls to secondary framework.

This is actually similar to what Amazon/Lab126 is doing with the HDX, minus the Xposed FW of course. They use moddified AOSP framework, but they also use Amazon framework for the Amazon specific applications. That is located in a secondary framework directory /vendor/amazon/framework, where you will find the amazon-res & additional framework-res.

It would be more a hack, going this route, plus it would take quite a lot of work, but it is possible. The tough thing is that you would likely have to write numerous redirects, since the HTC dialer is also heavily integrated into the people, messaging & email apps. It would likely be easier to switch to all those apps, but at that point, you are almost just as well off using the Sense based rom.

Also, unless there is a dev that is really craving this exact feature, $20 or $30 is a tough sell. There is a lot of documentation on Xposed & some good tut's. Have a go at it yourself. Once you get the Xposed module down, the rest would likely be a matter of pulling & testing the apk's & necessary libs.

chivamex10

Mar 6, 2012
If I switch to GPE i lose zoe, burst mode, pretty much everything you can do with this camera. And the organization of my events as well.

Sense is damn near perfect but I really miss the always listening feature for google now. Whats the holdup? Touchwiz can do it why can't sense do it?

Shebee

Mar 9, 2008
If I switch to GPE i lose zoe, burst mode, pretty much everything you can do with this camera. And the organization of my events as well.

Sense is damn near perfect but I really miss the always listening feature for google now. Whats the holdup? Touchwiz can do it why can't sense do it?

Always listening?

GSLEON3

Retired Senior Moderator

Okay, just a little off topic. I am pretty sure you can do this now. Just a matter of Xposed & a module, or one of the open mic apps. The M8 supports hotword & the 801 has the ability to support always listening, but again, different topic for a different thread.

dsymbol

May 2, 2009
I think $20 or $30 isn't worth the dev's time because if he could, he would get *enter the amount here* of dollars from putting it up the Play Store.

But yeah, Sense Camera is the only thing keeps me with Sense ROMs.

boe323

Jun 22, 2012
Burton on Trent

Dude ...you only need to install the google now launcher to get the always listening feature

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    $100 bounty for someone porting this phone into a flying batman.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
    What's up with these bounty's ? Some sort of new 2014 trend or something ? :eek:
    $200.00 to anyone who can turn my phone into a rubber doll version of Jessica Alba.
    Good luck with that

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    $200.00 to anyone who can turn my phone into a rubber doll version of Jessica Alba.

1485.gif