Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,351 Members 41,038 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [help] how to port a custome recovery into a kernel

Tip us?

gassan hirra
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Exclamation [Q] [help] how to port a custome recovery into a kernel

Basically I'm working on something I got stuck at some point I need to make a kernel with CMW installed by default I really need help I don't want to quit what I'm doing because of this
And hopefully the " something " will be up soon if u helped me
Thanks

Antiga Prime
Old
Thanks Meter 513
Quote:
Originally Posted by gassan hirra View Post
Basically I'm working on something I got stuck at some point I need to make a kernel with CMW installed by default I really need help I don't want to quit what I'm doing because of this
And hopefully the " something " will be up soon if u helped me
Thanks
I think it would be easier if you mentioned what you are working on, since "something" closes off any chance other's have of making suggestions.

Do you know how to decompile/recompile a Sony kernel?
MB525 - Bayer Camera - Slim-mb526-4.4.2.beta.2.4-UNOFFICIAL-20140120-1830
Sony Xperia TX LT29i - CARBON-KK-UNOFFICIAL_Hayabusa_build7

gassan hirra
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antiga Prime View Post
I think it would be easier if you mentioned what you are working on, since "something" closes off any chance other's have of making suggestions.

Do you know how to decompile/recompile a Sony kernel?
Basically I want to make a way to root the Xperia(s) devices which is running 4.3
And can u give me a tutorial link please ? Thanks

Antiga Prime
Old
(Last edited by Antiga Prime; 4th May 2014 at 03:31 AM.)
Thanks Meter 513
Quote:
Originally Posted by gassan hirra View Post
Basically I want to make a way to root the Xperia(s) devices which is running 4.3
And can u give me a tutorial link please ? Thanks
You mean you want to make a way for rooting Xperia devices with a locked bootloader? Or unlocked bootloader?

Edit:

About incorporating a recovery in your kernel, I have a general idea, but I wouldn't know about that (google it, I guess). About decompiling/recompiling a kernel, you could also probably find a better tutorial by searching through the forums or google, but if you have a linux environment (ubuntu, in my case) you can do this:

1.- Open a terminal and run (unless you already have 7zip installed):

Code:
Select Code
sudo apt-get install p7zip-full
2.- Use this to decompile your kernel. You can also unpack/repack the ramdisk, which is where the recovery is held.

What I would do (and already did, just for kicks) is copy how another stock kernel with recovery is structured, only I used the recovery from an FXP kernel, and the RPM.bin and cmdline.txt from the previosly mentioned stock kernel to recompile.

I'm on KitKat right now, so I haven't tested it actually will boot, but it compiled fine. Maybe this helps you in whatever you're trying to do. As a reminder, this would only work on an unlocked bootloader.
MB525 - Bayer Camera - Slim-mb526-4.4.2.beta.2.4-UNOFFICIAL-20140120-1830
Sony Xperia TX LT29i - CARBON-KK-UNOFFICIAL_Hayabusa_build7