Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,633 Members 37,640 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Which ARHD ROM variant to install?

Tip us?

My Beer Belly
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Default [Q] Which ARHD ROM variant to install?

Hello all, I've been following the M8 forum for a few weeks in anticipation of getting a new phone on May 8th. I have a bit of a noob question though, one that I've been unable to find the answer to myself.

Which version of ARHD 5.0 should I install on a T-Mobile HTC One M8? I've been following their thread for a while and intend to unlock/root/install ARHD within a few days of getting the device. I see mentions of the international version as well as different versions for each US carrier. My understanding is that GSM carriers can install international versions whereas CDMA carriers must install their specific variants.

If my understanding is correct and you are able to install the international version or the T-Mobile version, then what is the difference?

I appreciate any help. I'm not a complete noob when it comes to rooting and flashing roms, but I'm coming from a VZW Galaxy Nexus where it was pretty much idiot proof. I've been running the same ROM for so long that I know exactly how to flash it each time a new update is released. It didn't have specific variants because the ROM was designed specifically for the VZW Gnex. So I'm a little confused by the different variants and want to make sure I don't mess anything up a week after I get the phone.

Again, thanks to anyone who takes the time to help me wade through my confusion.

exad
Old
Thanks Meter 1401

DONATE TO ME
You can flash any GSM variant.

The differences will be whatever the carrier has done to tweak their version of the roms, included apps, tweaked settings, signal icons etc.
My Phone: Telus HTC One M8: 3.16 HBOOT S-OFF

Exad's m8 Everything Explained Thread

My Beer Belly
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by exad View Post
You can flash any GSM variant.

The differences will be whatever the carrier has done to tweak their version of the roms, included apps, tweaked settings, signal icons etc.
Thank you for confirming that. While I was like 90% sure, it's better to have someone confirm that for me.