Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,943 Members 52,738 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] ADB PUSH Permission denied

Tip us?

HackAttack37
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] ADB PUSH Permission denied

I need help with this ASAP, as my device is currently in a bootloop because a boot animation app didn't work as well as I thought it would and my Dell Streak 7 will not boot up.
The device does still respond to adb commands, so there's a chance at saving it.
Unfortunately, I cannot get adb push to work, it says no permission when I try to do:
adb push bootanimation.zip /system/media
It says permission denied. I either need to know how to get adb push working or how to COMPLETELY reset the tablet, including all the system files such as bootanimation.zip. I need help as soon as possible

Lgrootnoob
Old
Thanks Meter 97

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by HackAttack37 View Post
I need help with this ASAP, as my device is currently in a bootloop because a boot animation app didn't work as well as I thought it would and my Dell Streak 7 will not boot up.
The device does still respond to adb commands, so there's a chance at saving it.
Unfortunately, I cannot get adb push to work, it says no permission when I try to do:
adb push bootanimation.zip /system/media
It says permission denied. I either need to know how to get adb push working or how to COMPLETELY reset the tablet, including all the system files such as bootanimation.zip. I need help as soon as possible
Ok, I can help.

First, you cannot adb push to a system partition. you would need to have unprotected adb running in su mode.
Also, you will have to remount the system partition to rw.

try this code:
Code:
Select Code
adb push bootanimation.zip /data/local/tmp/bootanimation.zip
adb shell "su -c busybox mount -o remount,rw /system"
adb shell "su -c cat /data/local/tmp/bootanimation.zip > /system/media/bootanimation.zip"
No need to download the whole android sdk or put adb in your path anymore!
Just extract my tool and run the adbClientLaunch script.
To get started go here >
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ight=adbclient
My name is Jacob Lane but I prefer to go by Lgrootnoob. (You may also know me as Faelo the music producer)

What have I created? See here:

adbClient
Lg Lucid 2 root and other random contributions to the forums here