Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,111 Members 48,454 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SMS Messages from saved CWM image?

Tip us?

invertgoat
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default SMS Messages from saved CWM image?

OK it looks like I goofed and didn't backup the right messaging app in titanium...

However, before I decided to install a my new ROM I took a image backup in CWM and I'm guessing the messages got backed up too. I would reload the backed up image that CWM did but I'm getting this pesky MD5 mismatch nonsense.

So rather than faff with that, is there a way I can extract the messages / sms history from the image and restore it whilst in my new ROM environment?

Thanks...!

Lgrootnoob
Old
Thanks Meter 102

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by invertgoat View Post
OK it looks like I goofed and didn't backup the right messaging app in titanium...

However, before I decided to install a my new ROM I took a image backup in CWM and I'm guessing the messages got backed up too. I would reload the backed up image that CWM did but I'm getting this pesky MD5 mismatch nonsense.

So rather than faff with that, is there a way I can extract the messages / sms history from the image and restore it whilst in my new ROM environment?

Thanks...!
you can use root explorer to extract the tar file for the /data backup. should be on your sdcard under the clockworkmod folder.
then you can use root explorer or an sqlite reader and navigate to /data/data in your extracted folder, and find the messaging app folder. then use the sqlite reader to read one of the .db files. sooner or later one of those .db files will have you messages in it. I dont think you can restore this(you can try to copy the .db and put it in the /data/data for your current messaging app) but you can at least read it.

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

if it extracts to an img you will have to
Code:
mkdir datafolder
busybox -o loop data.img datafolder
then navigate through that datafolder with the instructions above.
No need to download the whole android sdk or put adb in your path anymore!
Just extract my tool and run the adbClientLaunch script.
To get started go here >
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ight=adbclient
My name is Jacob Lane but I prefer to go by Lgrootnoob. (You may also know me as Faelo the music producer)

What have I created? See here:

adbClient
Lg Lucid 2 root and other random contributions to the forums here