Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,692 Members 39,985 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to downgrade to 4.1.1?

Tip us?

AgentTran
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default How to downgrade to 4.1.1?

Hey, I've searched around for a 4.1.1 ROM but I have not been able to find one.
Currently I flashed a 4.4.2 KitKat rom on my Canadian SGH-I317M, but I did this before unlocking it, so I need to flash back to 4.1.1 in order to do the unlock process with the number dialers and all, and then I will flash back to my 4.4.2 ROM.

The problem is, I can't seem to find a 4.1.1 ROM anywhere for the SGH-I317M!
I've searched the whole forum, looked on google and so far I've found nothing that would work for me.

So my question is, do you guys have a 4.1.1 ROM avaliable and if so, could I use it? Also, will the unlock method work with 4.1.2? Because there are a few 4.1.2 ROMS out there.

Note 2 Unlock : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2037017
Thanks guys!

wiijordends
Old
(Last edited by wiijordends; 2nd May 2014 at 12:24 PM.)
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTran View Post
Hey, I've searched around for a 4.1.1 ROM but I have not been able to find one.
Currently I flashed a 4.4.2 KitKat rom on my Canadian SGH-I317M, but I did this before unlocking it, so I need to flash back to 4.1.1 in order to do the unlock process with the number dialers and all, and then I will flash back to my 4.4.2 ROM.

The problem is, I can't seem to find a 4.1.1 ROM anywhere for the SGH-I317M!
I've searched the whole forum, looked on google and so far I've found nothing that would work for me.

So my question is, do you guys have a 4.1.1 ROM avaliable and if so, could I use it? Also, will the unlock method work with 4.1.2? Because there are a few 4.1.2 ROMS out there.

Note 2 Unlock : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2037017
Thanks guys!

SORRY IT's THE WRONG COUNTRY (it was for N7100)

Here you are sir:
http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/3/?download=11275

It's the stock ROM 4.1.1 from my country.
To unlock it use an app called framaroot or use a Windows program called Kingoroot. (Framaroot won't work on 4.3 or higher)
And 4.1.2 is also rootable, but with my method!

AgentTran
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiijordends View Post

SORRY IT's THE WRONG COUNTRY (it was for N7100)

Here you are sir:
http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/3/?download=11275

It's the stock ROM 4.1.1 from my country.
To unlock it use an app called framaroot or use a Windows program called Kingoroot. (Framaroot won't work on 4.3 or higher)
And 4.1.2 is also rootable, but with my method!
Would you think I need to use those programs even though my phone is rooted already now?
Can't I just download the ROM, and then flash it and unlock?

Plus, can I use some website to give me an unlock code if I pay them?
I've heard of a few reliable good ones, but it costs $15, and I don't want to pay that for something I can do for free.

Bajanman
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4734

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTran View Post
Would you think I need to use those programs even though my phone is rooted already now?
Can't I just download the ROM, and then flash it and unlock?

Plus, can I use some website to give me an unlock code if I pay them?
I've heard of a few reliable good ones, but it costs $15, and I don't want to pay that for something I can do for free.
Your 4.1.1 Rom is in my One stop Shop fyi.
Btw all you really have to do is downgrade your modem to perform the hidden menu unlock. So that means you'll just have to flash the Rogers 4.1.1 original modem done. Unlock the re flash your correct modem enjoy...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
I CAN'T PROMISE to fix all your problems but I CAN PROMISEyou won't face them alone.

Rom I'm using with zero issues...
[4.4.2]DN3 V5(Ditto Note 3)

The Following User Says Thank You to Bajanman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AgentTran
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajanman View Post
Your 4.1.1 Rom is in my One stop Shop fyi.
Btw all you really have to do is downgrade your modem to perform the hidden menu unlock. So that means you'll just have to flash the Rogers 4.1.1 original modem done. Unlock the re flash your correct modem enjoy...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
I looked through your thread before making this post, the latest one I found compatible was 4.1.2, and others didn't have a version name at all, and I didn't trust them because no one mentioned the Android version in the replies.

Also, what does it mean to downgrade the modem? Do I still need to download a ROM or anything? Plus, I also have no idea how to unlock the reflash.

I'm so confused, I'm sorry I never mess around with phones.