No registration required

[Q] Unable to change Bootanimation

OP arorakarani9003

3rd May 2014, 11:39 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hello

I am on the latest CM11 on the i9082. Over the past week I tried changing the bootanimation to a custom one of resolution 800x480. However each time, I got a black screen. The phone did boot normally, albeit without any animation. Upon further inspection, the bootanimation.zip in system/media has .jpg format files where as most bootanimations have .png format files. Is this why no custom bootanimation would not work?Thanks in advance.
4th May 2014, 05:19 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag XDA
Thanks Meter: 2,127

1,064 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arorakarani9003

Hello

I am on the latest CM11 on the i9082. Over the past week I tried changing the bootanimation to a custom one of resolution 800x480. However each time, I got a black screen. The phone did boot normally, albeit without any animation. Upon further inspection, the bootanimation.zip in system/media has .jpg format files where as most bootanimations have .png format files. Is this why no custom bootanimation would not work?Thanks in advance.

Its Not because of the pic format its because of Resolution...Our device supports only 480X800 Res little variation doesnt do anything..But in your case its completly reverse you have installed 800X480 Res which our device doesn't support.. Try 480X800 Res Bootanimations and check
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread