Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,347 Members 50,747 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unable to change Bootanimation

Tip us?

arorakarani9003
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Unable to change Bootanimation

Hello

I am on the latest CM11 on the i9082. Over the past week I tried changing the bootanimation to a custom one of resolution 800x480. However each time, I got a black screen. The phone did boot normally, albeit without any animation. Upon further inspection, the bootanimation.zip in system/media has .jpg format files where as most bootanimations have .png format files. Is this why no custom bootanimation would not work?Thanks in advance.

jackeagle
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 713
Quote:
Originally Posted by arorakarani9003 View Post
Hello

I am on the latest CM11 on the i9082. Over the past week I tried changing the bootanimation to a custom one of resolution 800x480. However each time, I got a black screen. The phone did boot normally, albeit without any animation. Upon further inspection, the bootanimation.zip in system/media has .jpg format files where as most bootanimations have .png format files. Is this why no custom bootanimation would not work?Thanks in advance.
Its Not because of the pic format its because of Resolution...Our device supports only 480X800 Res little variation doesnt do anything..But in your case its completly reverse you have installed 800X480 Res which our device doesn't support.. Try 480X800 Res Bootanimations and check