Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,161 Members 52,621 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Edit Apk

Tip us?

coolstoneapurva
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Post Edit Apk

I want to edit a apk file so that I can edit its notification tone. I found the notification tone and changed it but after compiling it and installing it gives me a error "App not installed".
For decompiling used 7zip and changed the notification tone and then zipped it back. This is the first time I am editing a file. I am "NOOB", so "NOOB" guides only. Please also tell me where I am going wrong and how to correct it.

abhi007.john
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolstoneapurva View Post
I want to edit a apk file so that I can edit its notification tone. I found the notification tone and changed it but after compiling it and installing it gives me a error "App not installed".
For decompiling used 7zip and changed the notification tone and then zipped it back. This is the first time I am editing a file. I am "NOOB", so "NOOB" guides only. Please also tell me where I am going wrong and how to correct it.
You need to sign the application first. Use apktool to sign your apk and it should install

coolstoneapurva
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi007.john View Post
You need to sign the application first. Use apktool to sign your apk and it should install
I tried this also, signed the app and installed it but installing the signed app force closes the install manager..

abhi007.john
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
I tried this also, signed the app and installed it but installing the signed app force closes the install manager..
can you tell me the procedure you're signing your apk

zelendel
Old
Moderator Committee - The Dark Knight
Thanks Meter 11,112

DONATE TO ME
You are not decompiling it. You are simply unzipping it. Depending on the app it may not be able to be changed. A lot of apps are now making it so they self corrupt if nodded in any way. Handcent does this.

Bat cave One

If hard work pays off then easy work is worthless
SearchFu
Never Ask someone to do something your not willing to at least try to do yourself.
"Gotham is the work of a madman"- NunHugger Current Nexus 5-12 Nightly

Vaibhav Chauhan
Old
Thanks Meter 133
Quote:
it win't work directly
push it in system/app set permissions and reboot
PHONE;- Samsung galaxy s duos gt-s7562
BASEBAND VERSION:- S7562DDBMJ1
BUILD NO:- IMM76I.S7562XXBMJ1

Guides by me

...PRESS THANKS IF I HELP YOU...