Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Edit Apk

OP coolstoneapurva

25th April 2014, 03:55 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

13 posts
I want to edit a apk file so that I can edit its notification tone. I found the notification tone and changed it but after compiling it and installing it gives me a error "App not installed".
For decompiling used 7zip and changed the notification tone and then zipped it back. This is the first time I am editing a file. I am "NOOB", so "NOOB" guides only. Please also tell me where I am going wrong and how to correct it.
25th April 2014, 05:40 AM   |  #2  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 35

154 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolstoneapurva

I want to edit a apk file so that I can edit its notification tone. I found the notification tone and changed it but after compiling it and installing it gives me a error "App not installed".
For decompiling used 7zip and changed the notification tone and then zipped it back. This is the first time I am editing a file. I am "NOOB", so "NOOB" guides only. Please also tell me where I am going wrong and how to correct it.

You need to sign the application first. Use apktool to sign your apk and it should install
25th April 2014, 06:52 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

13 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi007.john

You need to sign the application first. Use apktool to sign your apk and it should install

I tried this also, signed the app and installed it but installing the signed app force closes the install manager..
3rd May 2014, 07:19 PM   |  #4  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 35

154 posts
More
Quote:

I tried this also, signed the app and installed it but installing the signed app force closes the install manager..

can you tell me the procedure you're signing your apk
3rd May 2014, 08:35 PM   |  #5  
Moderator Committee - The Dark Knight
Flag Watching from the Shadows
Thanks Meter: 11,832

15,331 posts
Donate to Me
More
You are not decompiling it. You are simply unzipping it. Depending on the app it may not be able to be changed. A lot of apps are now making it so they self corrupt if nodded in any way. Handcent does this.

Bat cave One
4th May 2014, 05:22 AM   |  #6  
Flag Dahod, Gujarat
Thanks Meter: 140

767 posts
More
Quote:

it win't work directly
push it in system/app set permissions and reboot
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread