LG G3 Receives Oversharpening Fix via Modified Kernel

Nothing is perfect, as they say. No matter how alluring or seemingly perfect, … more

APKTool Updated with Android Lollipop Support

One of the beauties of Android is the level of flexibility we have over our devices. Whether … more

Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Edit Apk

OP coolstoneapurva

25th April 2014, 03:55 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
I want to edit a apk file so that I can edit its notification tone. I found the notification tone and changed it but after compiling it and installing it gives me a error "App not installed".
For decompiling used 7zip and changed the notification tone and then zipped it back. This is the first time I am editing a file. I am "NOOB", so "NOOB" guides only. Please also tell me where I am going wrong and how to correct it.
25th April 2014, 05:40 AM   |  #2  
abhi007.john's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 35
 
153 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolstoneapurva

I want to edit a apk file so that I can edit its notification tone. I found the notification tone and changed it but after compiling it and installing it gives me a error "App not installed".
For decompiling used 7zip and changed the notification tone and then zipped it back. This is the first time I am editing a file. I am "NOOB", so "NOOB" guides only. Please also tell me where I am going wrong and how to correct it.

You need to sign the application first. Use apktool to sign your apk and it should install
25th April 2014, 06:52 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi007.john

You need to sign the application first. Use apktool to sign your apk and it should install

I tried this also, signed the app and installed it but installing the signed app force closes the install manager..
3rd May 2014, 07:19 PM   |  #4  
abhi007.john's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 35
 
153 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolstoneapurva

I tried this also, signed the app and installed it but installing the signed app force closes the install manager..

can you tell me the procedure you're signing your apk
3rd May 2014, 08:35 PM   |  #5  
zelendel's Avatar
Moderator Committee - The Dark Knight
Flag Watching from the Shadows
Thanks Meter: 11,584
 
14,983 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
Donate to Me
More
You are not decompiling it. You are simply unzipping it. Depending on the app it may not be able to be changed. A lot of apps are now making it so they self corrupt if nodded in any way. Handcent does this.

Bat cave One
4th May 2014, 05:22 AM   |  #6  
Vaibhav Chauhan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dahod, Gujarat
Thanks Meter: 140
 
767 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolstoneapurva

I tried this also, signed the app and installed it but installing the signed app force closes the install manager..

it win't work directly
push it in system/app set permissions and reboot
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes