Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,194 Members 42,324 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] S5 Ram Too High Help?

Tip us?

IOwnTheSky
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] S5 Ram Too High Help?

Hello My Galaxy s5 RAM STATUS is at 1.55/1.81 all my apps are closed I even have a lot of apps turned off and some apps with restricted background usage my phone has nothing open and it runs at 1.55 why so high does everyone else have this issue I don't see anyone else talking about it any help would be great thanks =)
“We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.”

helius@comcast.net
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOwnTheSky View Post
Hello My Galaxy s5 RAM STATUS is at 1.55/1.81 all my apps are closed I even have a lot of apps turned off and some apps with restricted background usage my phone has nothing open and it runs at 1.55 why so high does everyone else have this issue I don't see anyone else talking about it any help would be great thanks =)
Yea, why can't we clear the ram anymore?

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to helius@comcast.net For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

daxecutioner24
Old
Thanks Meter 108
Well keep looking. Not the first RAM question. Unused RAM is wasted RAM ;so don't worry about how much you have left. It's TouchWiz what you expect

The Following User Says Thank You to daxecutioner24 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tea_dub84
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Go here I explain a little..You want ram working for..Rather u have 70% ram used or 99% it will still function the same as apps in ram consime no cpu usage. Touchwiz is smartly placing common phone functions in ram for the user to have when needed. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2733344

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tea_dub84 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]