Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,429 Members 54,781 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Wanted to join the ZU club but....

Tip us?

tdamocles
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 69
Question [Q] Wanted to join the ZU club but....

I purchased a used ZU c6806 for ATT off of swappa. Right off the bat I could not get cell network to connect for voice. I'm coming from an ATT note 3 FYI. Well, I called ATT to see if I needed to do anything to make the change but they said I could just insert the SIM from the Note 3 and I would get voice(at least.) It still gave a fit and it was getting late so I put it aside. Later the next day I tried again and it worked, so I thought. Went a day using it and I lost cell signal and could not get it back. Is there something here that I am missing that I could try to regain signal? The phone sees that there is no SIM inserted and knows when one is inserted. Could there just be bum radios on this unit? In the mean time I updated to 757 from 4.2.2 with no change in the no signal issue. I see in the older firmware the network operators can be chosen but on kit kat I don't have that option in the menu.

thanks,

Tom

blueether
Old
Thanks Meter 916

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdamocles View Post
I purchased a used ZU c6806 for ATT off of swappa. Right off the bat I could not get cell network to connect for voice. I'm coming from an ATT note 3 FYI. Well, I called ATT to see if I needed to do anything to make the change but they said I could just insert the SIM from the Note 3 and I would get voice(at least.) It still gave a fit and it was getting late so I put it aside. Later the next day I tried again and it worked, so I thought. Went a day using it and I lost cell signal and could not get it back. Is there something here that I am missing that I could try to regain signal? The phone sees that there is no SIM inserted and knows when one is inserted. Could there just be bum radios on this unit? In the mean time I updated to 757 from 4.2.2 with no change in the no signal issue. I see in the older firmware the network operators can be chosen but on kit kat I don't have that option in the menu.

thanks,

Tom
There has been one or two people that have has a loose antenna in their ZU, only way to tell is to take the back off. Maybe that is why the last owner was selling?
Charles
Alcatel One Touch "easy" -> Nokia 1110i -> Alcatel ame-408 -> Motorola Razr v3 -> Huawei u8100 -> Sony Xperia Z-Ultra

ROM:- Carbon
Kernel:- Pimped Kernel

tdamocles
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueether View Post
There has been one or two people that have has a loose antenna in their ZU, only way to tell is to take the back off. Maybe that is why the last owner was selling?
Can I downgrade to 681 firmware without problems?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

blueether
Old
Thanks Meter 916

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Can I downgrade to 681 firmware without problems?

Not with Sony tools, but you can with flashtool and FTF's. But 757 is much better (fewer bugs) than 681.
Charles
Alcatel One Touch "easy" -> Nokia 1110i -> Alcatel ame-408 -> Motorola Razr v3 -> Huawei u8100 -> Sony Xperia Z-Ultra

tdamocles
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueether View Post
Not with Sony tools, but you can with flashtool and FTF's. But 757 is much better (fewer bugs) than 681.
I just wanted to see if I can regain some signal. Which FTF is the best.? the unbranded or the generic?

Speederoff
Old
Thanks Meter 73
Quote:
I just wanted to see if I can regain some signal. Which FTF is the best.? the unbranded or the generic?

Try Generic version ...

tdamocles
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 69
Could I lose my emei number doing this?

blueether
Old
Thanks Meter 916

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Could I lose my emei number doing this?

only if you downgrade to a 4.2 FTF
Charles

The Following User Says Thank You to blueether For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tdamocles
Old
(Last edited by tdamocles; 4th May 2014 at 02:46 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 69
Flashback didn't fix the problem. Back to Swappa.... This sucks...