Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,554 Members 36,454 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] M7ATT Turned To A M7WLV

Tip us?
 
seventiespaintbox
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Apr 2014
Default [Q] M7ATT Turned To A M7WLV

HELLO!
Alright, this might be a difficult question to get a simple answer but I'm willing to learn a few new things from this in return!

The other day I decided to try out a new custom rom on my HTC One M7ATT, and with great success I was able to flash the latest Insert Coin rom running Android 4.4.2 and Sense 6. My problem formed when I tried to flash another rom to see whats out there. I decided that latest AOKP would be a nice choice. Once I was back into my recovery and ready to flash, I found out that my phone changed over to a M7WLV, and from what I found online, my phone now thinks that it's a HTC One from Sprint. In result, I can't flash the AOKP zip through TWRP

My questions are...
#1. How do I revert my M7WLV back into a M7ATT so that I could flash my roms, without going through RUU.
#2. How come there isn't really any information out there for this magical M7WLV

I totally appreciate any and all responses, and I'll be as informative as possible at working with anyone! Thanks! : )
 
GalaxyUser50
Old
#2  
GalaxyUser50's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 95
Join Date: Aug 2013
What exactly is saying that model number?

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
  • Current Phone:
  • AT&T HTC One 32GB converted to Google Edition
  • Security- OFF!
  • Previous Phones: Galaxy S4, Galaxy S3, iPhone 4s
  • Tablets: Nexus 7 2013 16GB, Stock
 
Solarenemy68
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 105
Posts: 684
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Dallas
Quote:
Originally Posted by seventiespaintbox View Post
HELLO!
Alright, this might be a difficult question to get a simple answer but I'm willing to learn a few new things from this in return!

The other day I decided to try out a new custom rom on my HTC One M7ATT, and with great success I was able to flash the latest Insert Coin rom running Android 4.4.2 and Sense 6. My problem formed when I tried to flash another rom to see whats out there. I decided that latest AOKP would be a nice choice. Once I was back into my recovery and ready to flash, I found out that my phone changed over to a M7WLV, and from what I found online, my phone now thinks that it's a HTC One from Sprint. In result, I can't flash the AOKP zip through TWRP



My questions are...
#1. How do I revert my M7WLV back into a M7ATT so that I could flash my roms, without going through RUU.
#2. How come there isn't really any information out there for this magical M7WLV

I totally appreciate any and all responses, and I'll be as informative as possible at working with anyone! Thanks! : )

The problem you will run into it that the hardware radio on the ATT phone is not the same as the Verizon phone. That being said there are some Verizon AWS bands used for data that the ATT phone won't support and there is no magic bullet for this issue.
 
seventiespaintbox
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solarenemy68 View Post
The problem you will run into it that the hardware radio on the ATT phone is not the same as the Verizon phone. That being said there are some Verizon AWS bands used for data that the ATT phone won't support and there is no magic bullet for this issue.
So what I'm picking up from this is that when I flashed the rom that I originally wanted to use, I ended up flashing it along with a kernel that changed my radio over to Verizon from ATT. From what my bootloader is telling me, my radio's image 4A.14.3250.13
Since I'm still getting service through my carrier (ATT) I imagine that the M7WLV was due to something else

Would you think that it would be safe to try to wipe my phone back into it's original unlocked state and start over?

Thanks for getting back to me on this man!!
 
clsA
Old
#5  
clsA's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 893
Posts: 3,323
Join Date: Aug 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by seventiespaintbox View Post
So what I'm picking up from this is that when I flashed the rom that I originally wanted to use, I ended up flashing it along with a kernel that changed my radio over to Verizon from ATT. From what my bootloader is telling me, my radio's image 4A.14.3250.13
Since I'm still getting service through my carrier (ATT) I imagine that the M7WLV was due to something else

Would you think that it would be safe to try to wipe my phone back into it's original unlocked state and start over?

Thanks for getting back to me on this man!!
relock the bootloader and RUU back to stock
fastboot oem lock

try this one first
http://androidruu.com/getdownload.ph...5_signed_2.exe

alt download site http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/ruu_m7_u..._signed_2-exe/

if you have problem with those try the 4.4.2 RUU here
http://www.androidruu.com/getdownloa...5_signed_2.exe
HTC One 32 GB AT&T

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes