Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,115 Members 52,492 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bootlooping when downgrading from 4.3 to 4.2 or 4.1

Tip us?

Kyuusei074
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Bootlooping when downgrading from 4.3 to 4.2 or 4.1

I'm attempting to downgrade down to 4.2 or 4.1 from 4.3 to root my 5502 while keeping my data. However, every 4.1 or 4.2 ftf I've tried results in a boot loop at the Xperia wave animation. I didn't have any issues going from .101 to .569 and vice versa, only down to .310, or .67.

Others have reported that keeping data unticked should be fine, so I went ahead with that route, but others have reported the opposite. With no root I can't use Titanium Backup, so if there are backup alternatives that doesn't require root, I'm all ears.

Ben Ling
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 6402

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuusei074 View Post
I'm attempting to downgrade down to 4.2 or 4.1 from 4.3 to root my 5502 while keeping my data. However, every 4.1 or 4.2 ftf I've tried results in a boot loop at the Xperia wave animation. I didn't have any issues going from .101 to .569 and vice versa, only down to .310, or .67.

Others have reported that keeping data unticked should be fine, so I went ahead with that route, but others have reported the opposite. With no root I can't use Titanium Backup, so if there are backup alternatives that doesn't require root, I'm all ears.
You should wipe your data if you are downgrading

Like My Work ? Donate To Me So That I Can Contribute To More Devices
Always Hit Thanks If You Like My Work