Q: Anybody have Google launcher apk

OP slimslim

3rd May 2014, 12:21 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 72

696 posts
More
Please, or a link to the newest version, I don't seem to find it now. I meant Google experience launcher or Google now launcher, I have an older ver.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A
3rd May 2014, 05:32 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 7

52 posts
Thumbs down
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimslim

Please, or a link to the newest version, I don't seem to find it now. I meant Google experience launcher or Google now launcher, I have an older ver.

Apparently the majority of the launcher is part of the Google Search app, which you already have and it's the latest available.

You just need the GoogleHome.apk stub to enable it. It's over here (ignore the other files): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2506488

LifeHacker explains the whole thing: http://lifehacker.com/how-to-get-the...ing-1568796521

I just did it. Not sure if I'm gonna keep it though.
The Following User Says Thank You to deV14nt For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd May 2014, 08:01 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 72

696 posts
More
Thank you. I kinda like the clean look but couldn't find a way of having notification badges or unread sms/email counter. Any ideas how to?

4th May 2014, 08:10 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 7

52 posts
In Nova Launcher, the rendering is handled by the launcher, with MissedIt! as an optional provider. I think the launcher has to support it. You could do it with widgets that look like icons using standalone MissedIt. Otherwise you can try KK launcher which can do unread counts. But the problem with that is the Google Now integration doesn't work with other launchers, so it's not really the same as GEL.

.................................................. .....
Galaxy Note 3 - AT&T (sm-n900a)
The Following User Says Thank You to deV14nt For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread