5,815,095 Members 38,388 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Is there a 4.2.2 HTC DNA root?

Tip us?

orangerhine
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Is there a 4.2.2 HTC DNA root?

Is there any way to root HTC DNA 4.2.2? Every place i look says it's not working.

Thanks

nim92akaSean
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangerhine View Post
Is there any way to root HTC DNA 4.2.2? Every place i look says it's not working.

Thanks
Yes you can root your phone. See this post for more details.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1996389

orangerhine
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Doesn't seem to be

At the end it says go to htcdev to complete. I hear htcdev does not work with this phone because horizon has blocked it.

nim92akaSean
Old
(Last edited by nim92akaSean; 3rd May 2014 at 03:18 PM.)
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangerhine View Post
At the end it says go to htcdev to complete. I hear htcdev does not work with this phone because horizon has blocked it.
were you trying the official method for unlocking bootloader from HTC.if then that wont work anymore. There is an another alternate method for that below in the post I earlier mentioned.
If that too doesn't work or cause any problems try this method at your own risk.
http://rumrunner.us/

man1d2tran
Old
(Last edited by man1d2tran; 9th May 2014 at 07:25 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nim92akaSean View Post
were you trying the official method for unlocking bootloader from HTC.if then that wont work anymore. There is an another alternate method for that below in the post I earlier mentioned.
If that too doesn't work or cause any problems try this method at your own risk.
http //rumrunner.us/
rumrunner is stopping at the second test for me. is there a checklist of troubleshooting to make sure all is good? Java released a new minor version within the last couple of days, long after rumrunner came out. wouldn't need to update if the old java worked for people I'm assuming right?

am I missing anything. uninstalled htc sync manager. not touching phone, security access face unlock/pin/pattern off...

stressing because VZw is trying to unload another update to kit kat and worrying if it will lock the exploits that could be out that I'm missing.. thanks for the help if anyone can

beaups locked his thread and I don't know if a PM will get to him and have him want to help..

Info only:
*** LOCKED ***
MONARUVO PVT SHIP S-ON RH
HBOOT-1.54.0000
RADIO-1.01.01.1112
OpenDSP-v10.120.274.0520
0S-3.06.605.4
eMMC-boot 2048MB
Nov 14 2013,21:13:18.0

!! Do NOT for any reason taunt, unplug, drop, eat or pet your device !!
Please wait....
Checking for updates......
Test 1: Rebooting into bootloader
Waiting for fastboot (5/120)
Waiting
Test 2: Booting device
Waiting for ADB (24/120)
must ferment longer...

must sanitize, skunky rum is nasty
hold please............................................ .................
[------------------------------******************************]

Will not go further past that point.

UPDATE!! solution!!!! adb push temproot and firewater! DONATE TO BEAUPS!!!! W00T!!!!
It says I have s-off!! Or temproot.. will try rumrunner again..
UPDATE 2: Rumrunners both versions DNA and universal not successful, and same for Moonshine.
But at least I have S-OFF and Unlocked.
UPDATE 3: Use Weaksauce apk, then install SU from Play.
UPDATE 4: Horrible problem. Installed a Recovery, and a ROM (or so I thought) but put the ROM on the root dir. And now the recovery can't see it. So I can't reinstall.
For those who don't know the DNA does not have a removable SD slot. I'm f'd.. Need help.
Tried to use adb shell but it says device not there, but before I was able to push files to it via adb.. sucks.
Dammit, should have put it in a directory. Should have imaged a backup.
UPDATE 5: Used some tool here to make sure I gave the right driver. It installed Google's.
But now still need a good file ROM I think, that has update.zip in it's package to sideload,
Not sure if I'm looking for a ROM or not. But as of right now it won't load into an OS. -_-
UPDATE 6: May have successfully sideloaded a full ROM. Used a stable Cyanogenmod 10.2 just to be safe.
At least it's spinning. Fingers crossed.
UPDATE 7: Didn't Factory reset/wipe user data last time. Did it and it worked. Fast first load too. Hope I don't have to reload all my data. It was a pain choosing what I wanted. Lessons learned.
Install ROM into not the root. But into a folder so I can choose it. Back it up. This is a huge process.
Hope this helps someone..