Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,029 Members 42,721 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] need help hope i didnt kill my m7 :(

Tip us?

makeshiftballer
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default [Q] need help hope i didnt kill my m7 :(

Last night I was flashing to a new rom.

The phone has had beanstalk 4.4+ on it for quite some time and have never had any issues really.

I was going to give viper 6.1 a shot so I downloaded the zip and put it on my sd card

I rebooted the phone into recovery as I do every time I load a rom and selected wipe to install nee rom option in twrp.

I chose the zip and aroma fired up and installed the new rom and gave me a successful install message and asked to reboot the phone which I did.

Now when I boot the phone it goes straight to the bootloader/fastboot screen and will not perform any functions other than reboot, which it does and goes straight to the bootloader.

pleaseeee help I hope I didn't kill it somehow. It seemed everything was going fine...

Thanks in advance

Jay

Devilish_Angel
Old
Thanks Meter 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by makeshiftballer View Post

The phone has had beanstalk 4.4+ on it for quite some time and have never had any issues really.

I was going to give viper 6.1 a shot so I downloaded the zip and put it on my sd card

I rebooted the phone into recovery as I do every time I load a rom and selected wipe to install nee rom option in twrp.

I chose the zip and aroma fired up and installed the new rom and gave me a successful install message and asked to reboot the phone which I did.

Now when I boot the phone it goes straight to the bootloader/fastboot screen and will not perform any functions other than reboot, which it does and goes straight to the bootloader.

pleaseeee help I hope I didn't kill it somehow. It seemed everything was going fine...

Thanks in advance

Jay

... TWRP is the best recovery to flash Viper. If you didnt use that, flash the right TWRP for your variant in fastboot (Sprint in your case and no other), boot into recovery, wipe everything in recovery, run Viper installer, choose wipe all (except SD) and then see if it wakes from the sleep ...

praveensk.rcb
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:

Thanks in advance

Jay

try to run a RUU... it will fix all the problems... i had the same problem on my sprint htc one few weeks ago it didnt have a rom in it, only thing it could do was going into bootloader and TWRP... after RUU no problems...root again and install custom rom of your choice...

makeshiftballer
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by praveensk.rcb View Post
try to run a RUU... it will fix all the problems... i had the same problem on my sprint htc one few weeks ago it didnt have a rom in it, only thing it could do was going into bootloader and TWRP... after RUU no problems...root again and install custom rom of your choice...
do i need to install a rom after the RUU? reason I ask is I ran it and everything went smoothly but the phone wont boot now it shows the htc screen and then goes black. the phone is not turning off but it is crashing it seems.

I have relocked my bootloader and successfully have the latest twrp back on the phone

praveensk.rcb
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
do i need to install a rom after the RUU? reason I ask is I ran it and everything went smoothly but the phone wont boot now it shows the htc screen and then goes black. the phone is not turning off but it is crashing it seems.

I have relocked my bootloader and successfully have the latest twrp back on the phone
there is no need to put a rom as long as you are satisfied with stock rom.... how did you run the ruu .exe file or by fastboot mode???
USING MY SPRINT HTC ONE ON VODAFONE_IN
DiD i hElP U??? PrEsS tHaNkS bUtTon

makeshiftballer
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Got it! Something must have failed. I ran the .exe ruu again and we are up and running! Thanks everyone

praveensk.rcb
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Got it! Something must have failed. I ran the .exe ruu again and we are up and running! Thanks everyone
USING MY SPRINT HTC ONE ON VODAFONE_IN
DiD i hElP U??? PrEsS tHaNkS bUtTon